Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Minnesota Twins: Many Rare Events in Wins Over Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim

bases-loaded walks chris herrmann extra-inning slam glen perkins minnesota twins
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SoCalTwinsfan

SoCalTwinsfan

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:31 PM

I looked at how many rare events, or even firsts, occurred in the first two games against the Angels.

Not only was the grand slam a rare feat for Herrmann, it was rare for the Twins. It was just the fourth extra-inning grand slam in the history of the Twins. The last was done by Joe Crede in 2009 against the Detroit Tigers. The other two Twins to do it were Jason Kubel in 2006 and Cesar Tovar in 1969.

You can read the rest of Minnesota Twins: Many Rare Events in Wins over Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim at Yahoo! Sports.
I have been an avid fans of the Twins since Kirby Puckett's breakout year of 1986 and have had numerous articles about the Twins published on Yahoo! Sports.

#2 Monkeypaws

Monkeypaws

• Members
  • 1,726 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:28 PM

I completely forgot Joe Crede played for the Twins - poor guy only had 2 seasons with more than 500 ABs. Him and John Castino could share some backache stories and shoulda woulda couldas on their eerily similar injury-shortened careers.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bases-loaded walks, chris herrmann, extra-inning slam, glen perkins, minnesota twins