Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

The Store

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Recent Blogs

Photo

Article: Monday in the Minors

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,025 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:14 PM

You can view the page at http://www.twinsdail...y-in-the-Minors

#2 righty8383

righty8383

• Members
  • 593 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:22 PM

The HR's from Sano are great. Nice to see him take a couple walks though too. I see Eddie Rosario is turning into quite a base stealer. I'm looking forward to what Matt Summers can do tomorrow as a starter.

#3 Bark's Lounge

Bark's Lounge

Whatchamacallit is the Best Candy Bar

• Members
  • 1,910 posts
  • LocationKerguelen Island

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:29 PM

Yo Seth. Do you know if Aaron Hicks has made any adjustments to his game? Last year for him was a step backwards except for the AFL. I remember a few years back reading a well circulated baseball rag that he had the potential to be an "Eric Davis". That made me think of 25+ HR's and 40+ SB's. His stats do not indicate that will ever be truth, but to go out on that analytical limb had me a bit excited (Eric Davis would have had a HOF career if not for the injuries... he was a game changer). Where are you on the subject of Aaron Hicks?

#4 James Rivah Twins Fan

James Rivah Twins Fan

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:58 AM

That's good to hear about Alex Wimmers. Let's hope it's only the beginning. These minor league roundups are terrific Seth--good work!

#5 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,025 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:19 AM

[quote name='Bark's Lounge;8448]Yo Seth. Last year for him was a step backwards except for the AFL. I remember a few years back reading a well circulated baseball rag that he had the potential to be an "Eric Davis". That made me think of 25+ HR's and 40+ SB's. His stats do not indicate that will ever be truth' date=' but to go out on that analytical limb had me a bit excited (Eric Davis would have had a HOF career if not for the injuries... he was a game changer). Where are you on the subject of Aaron Hicks?[/QUOTE']

Last year wasn't a step backwards for him. He advanced a level and certainly had ups and downs, but he made some adjustments. I was somewhat surprised that he is starting this year at New Britain because there is no rush with him yet. As for the 'potential', he still has the tools to become a 30 SB/20 HR type of guy. The guy has a world of potential.

I'm still quite high on Hicks. He's down to earth. Very athletic, strong and fast. Defensively, he's already ready. Great defensive CF or RF with a rocket for an arm. Great patience at the plate. He's got very good speed. Will he ever be a .300 hitter? Probably not. Will he hit 30 HR? Probably not. But he should still be a very solid big leaguer.

#6 Teflon

Teflon

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:46 AM

I enjoy reading your minor league recaps, Seth. Thanks for the reports!

#7 Han Joelo

Han Joelo

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:13 AM

It's always nice when there are some positive to talk about in the Twins' organization. Thanks! Sano and Rosario and Dozier are nice, but obvious. It's nice to see a guy like Bigley stepping up. He's hitting well and the PO to Hermann sounded impressive for both guys--great throw, great catch, and impressive tag.

#8 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,025 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:25 AM

Be sure to check out Twins Fan From Afar's blog on Alex Wimmers' AA debut last night... http://www.twinsdail...Belongs-Up-Here

#9 BigVin

BigVin

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:29 AM

I enjoy reading your minor league recaps, Seth. Thanks for the reports!

Agree Completely! Love Seth's articles!

#10 mike wants wins

mike wants wins

Would Like to be More Positive

• Members
  • 6,990 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:02 AM

Thanks Seth

#11 roger

roger

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:18 AM

The HR's from Sano are great. Nice to see him take a couple walks though too. I see Eddie Rosario is turning into quite a base stealer. I'm looking forward to what Matt Summers can do tomorrow as a starter.

Rosario has been a premier base stealer since he was signed. In his rookie professional season two years ago, he led the GCL in stolen bases.

#12 Obie

Obie

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:30 AM

Last year wasn't a step backwards for him. He advanced a level and certainly had ups and downs, but he made some adjustments. I was somewhat surprised that he is starting this year at New Britain because there is no rush with him yet. As for the 'potential', he still has the tools to become a 30 SB/20 HR type of guy. The guy has a world of potential.

I'm still quite high on Hicks. He's down to earth. Very athletic, strong and fast. Defensively, he's already ready. Great defensive CF or RF with a rocket for an arm. Great patience at the plate. He's got very good speed. Will he ever be a .300 hitter? Probably not. Will he hit 30 HR? Probably not. But he should still be a very solid big leaguer.

The issue to watch is the left/right split. He has proven he can hit lefties, but he hasn't proven he can hit righties. Batting left-handed through his career has been a struggle. Thus, the fact that he hit a boomer and a solid single last night--as a right handed batter--doesn't speak to his progress. Until he can hit righties as a left handed batter, his future is questionable.