Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

In all fairness to Twins hitters, it was Arrieta, Hunter, and Hammel

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 twinstalker

twinstalker

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:07 PM

I was impressed the majority of the balls dribbled past the pitcher, though I'll admit it was close.

#2 Montecore

Montecore

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:18 PM

How 'bout that Jamey Carroll? A regular Honus Wagner. Hardy looked good again, though. Glad about Morneau hitting, but, this is a team that's counting on Luke Hughes to deliver big in the clutch. 59-103 if they catch some breaks.

#3 VodkaDave

VodkaDave

Banned

• Banned
  • 97 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:35 PM

How 'bout that Jamey Carroll? A regular Honus Wagner. Hardy looked good again, though. Glad about Morneau hitting, but, this is a team that's counting on Luke Hughes to deliver big in the clutch. 59-103 if they catch some breaks.

Luke Hughes is the 24th or 25th man on the roster at this point...the Twins offense will be as good as Mauer, Morneau, Willingham, Parmelee, Span and Valencia make it.

#4 twinstalker

twinstalker

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:42 PM

I just couldn't wait to hear from Dick B. that the Twins ran into a pitching buzzsaw. But then Bert put it beautifully after today's game: "Great pitching beats great hitting every game."

#5 twinstalker

twinstalker

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:55 PM

I'm careful about evaluating the hitting of any one particular player after a few games, but the team as a whole? That's more telling. The one thing we now know for sure about Carroll is that he is extremely slow down the line. That's my speed.

The Twins as a whole should have asked opposing pitchers to throw them breaking balls and changeups in spring training. Seeing them for the first time in the regular season just isn't fair.

#6 Riverbrian

Riverbrian

Goofy Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 9,582 posts
  • LocationGrand Forks

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:08 PM

The Twins as a whole should have asked opposing pitchers to throw them breaking balls and changeups in spring training. Seeing them for the first time in the regular season just isn't fair.

Very Funny... I just spit my soft drink on my keyboard laughing.

Personally, I'm choosing to remain optimistic and this weekend makes it hard. So, just to go with the current flow. Anyone know who the Top Amateur will be for the 2013 Draft? Any Harpers or Strausburg out there?

#7 StormJH1

StormJH1

• Members
  • 472 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:05 AM

Yeah, that's the really sad part of this...this Baltimore team is BAD. And their starting rotation may be their biggest problem. My favorite thing the past few days (or, really, all of 2011 also) is reading fantasy players talking about whether or not they should go pick up _____________ pitcher who just went 8 innings with 7 strikeouts and 0 or 1 runs....against the Twins. Pitching statistics shouldn't even count against the Twins when they're like this...it should be like those games in the Grapefruit league against some Florida community college. Our upcoming schedule is BRUTAL. I'm sure we'll put together one surprising win against the pitchers on Los Angeles and Texas, but the overall picture won't be good. Then there's BOS and NYY later on...