Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Photo

Article: Twins Minor League Report (7/9): Eades Debuts

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,439 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:23 PM

You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.co...9)-Eades-Debuts

#2 jokin

jokin

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 7,012 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:43 PM

Seth- Any word on Beresford's chances for getting a September call-up? His is yet another great story in the organization of a hard-working over-achiever who, against the odds, has to be earning management's respect and consideration. While I'm not counting on his being a big bat on the Twins, I know you've labeled him as sure-handed in the field, would you say he's MI major-league-ready?.... And/or comparable to anyone else currently on the ML roster? Project as a quality utility guy just down the road? Become throw-in trade bait- or force someone else to become considered for trade bait?

#3 roger

roger

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:27 AM

Seth, Isn't Zach Larson the kid that the Twins took last year in the mid rounds then went well over the $100,000 maximum to sign so he wouldn't go to college? I know he is a Florida kid, do you remember where he was going to college?

#4 drjim

drjim

• Members
  • 2,084 posts
  • LocationSt. Paul

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:23 AM

Seth- Any word on Beresford's chances for getting a September call-up? His is yet another great story in the organization of a hard-working over-achiever who, against the odds, has to be earning management's respect and consideration. While I'm not counting on his being a big bat on the Twins, I know you've labeled him as sure-handed in the field, would you say he's MI major-league-ready?.... And/or comparable to anyone else currently on the ML roster? Project as a quality utility guy just down the road? Become throw-in trade bait- or force someone else to become considered for trade bait?

Carroll will almost certainly be off the roster one way or another before September. He would be a reasonable candidate to replace him.

#5 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,439 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:24 AM

Larson was the 20th round pick a year ago. He was committed to State College of Florida. The Twins signed him late for well over the $100,000 max when they had some extra money under their allotment.

#6 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,439 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:34 AM

Regarding Beresford, I have been very impressed with him since the first time I saw him in person in Beloit in 2010. He's smooth with the glove. I think he can handle both middle infield positions. Good range. Good arm. Those that have been around awhile know that the only issue with him was that he was rail-thin and had no power. He has worked really hard over the last 2-3 years and has now added some weight. He was a minor league free agent after last season, but he stayed. He's been around a long time and yet, he's still young (24, I believe). He's never going to hit for a lot of power, but he takes good at bats and it would be cool to see him get a chance. I don't know, but I'd think he could be just as good as Florimon with better ability to make contact (I understand that's not a great compliment, but I just mean it in that I'd like to see him get an opportunity).

#7 howieramone1406390264

howieramone1406390264

Banned

• Banned
  • 715 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:01 AM

I agree with you Seth. One of the few positive things about our being in position to give almost endless auditions is it gives the long time minor leaguers a chance to play on the big stage. I'd like to see him play.