Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Photo

Hendriks in hospital

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 travistwinstalk

travistwinstalk

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:17 PM

This just in Liam Hendriks is in a Baltimore hospital with food poisoning and Anthony Swarzak will make start tommorrow. If it is not one thing with the Twins it is something else. Unbelievable.

#2 Highabove

Highabove

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:27 PM

Now we will have to fire the Travelling Secretary. The Team cannot stay at the Howard Johnson's!

Edited by Highabove, 07 April 2012 - 02:29 PM.

#3 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 9,815 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:32 PM

This is definitely unfortunate! Swarzak will be fine, but you hate to see any starter have to miss a start with something like this!

#4 Neinstein

Neinstein

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:33 PM

Scott Baker Liam Hendriks Anthony Swarzak Who's next?
"You teach me baseball and I'll teach you relativity. No, we must not. You will learn about relativity faster than I learn baseball." ​Albert Einstein

#5 powrwrap

powrwrap

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:49 PM

This just in Liam Hendriks is in a Baltimore hospital with food poisoning and Anthony Swarzak will make start tommorrow. If it is not one thing with the Twins it is something else. Unbelievable.

Source for this?
[FONT=comic sans ms]"Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand." [/FONT]

#6 travistwinstalk

travistwinstalk

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:12 PM

Joe Christenson, Rhett Bollinger, Twins Baseball twitter link, and any beat writer in Baltimore.

#7 DaTwins

DaTwins

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:12 PM

Here's one source:

http://www.startribu.../146536005.html

#8 Riverbrian

Riverbrian

Goofy Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 11,674 posts
  • LocationGrand Rapids Michigan

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:22 PM

I feel just awful for him. Can you imagine how he must have been looking forward to Sunday. Only to get knocked out by a bad crab or something.

#9 travistwinstalk

travistwinstalk

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:25 PM

I would feel worse for him if this was a one start deal, but trust me there will be many more for Hendriks as he has a bright bright future for the Twins.

#10 Riverbrian

Riverbrian

Goofy Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 11,674 posts
  • LocationGrand Rapids Michigan

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:36 PM

I would feel worse for him if this was a one start deal, but trust me there will be many more for Hendriks as he has a bright bright future for the Twins.

Im sure you are right. I'm pulling for the kid.

However, In his mind, he has to be in quite a nerve wracking portion of his career. Seeing a future rotation spot in his grasp. He strings decent starts together with this open window and He may not go back down to AAA. He had to be chomping at the bit for Sunday and What a great opponent in Baltimore to start that window of opportunity. Now he gets the Rangers or Angels if Gardy tinkers a little. Tough break.

#11 mikeee

mikeee

• Members
  • 857 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:35 PM

Oh my gosh.. The injury/bad luck curse continues this year!

#12 baseballoz

baseballoz

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:19 AM

Hendriks has had the worst luck. Missed out on the futures game in 2010 with appendicitis and apparently had some bad luck as a junior on the eve of big events. Tough luck for the young guy.