- Article: Clock Management Bites The Vikings Once Again
Today, 12:35 PM
- Special Teams fire and cut them all.
Today, 10:49 AM
- Article: Oh Snap! Vikings Botch the Game Late in Miami
Today, 10:15 AM
- Purple Pain Members - Start Here!
Yesterday, 11:41 PM
- Simmons: The Vikings Cursed Cleveland
Yesterday, 09:26 PM
- Please welcome our new moderator: Melanie (Funkytown)
Yesterday, 07:06 PM
- Article: Vikings vs. Dolphins Preview: No Vacation in Miami
Yesterday, 12:06 PM
- Greenway to play after passing of his father...
Yesterday, 11:57 AM
- Article: Preparing For An Off-Season Of Change
Yesterday, 07:29 AM
- Time to cut Blair Walsh
Dec 20 2014 08:12 PM
Has the Ryan Doumit in RF experiment already ended
Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:24 PM
Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:33 PM
Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:11 PM
Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:35 PM
Start Doumit in right with the team's heaviest contact pitcher on the mound, and Revere in right with the best strikeout pitcher on the mound. Makes sense.
Very good point, Nick.
And to answer the initial question, I'd be pretty disappointed with any move that was only given one regular season game to see how it went.
Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:53 PM
Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:54 PM
Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:24 PM
the other point is that with Liriano starting the opposing team will have more RH batters so more balls would be at LF instead of RF
Willingham has pretty much been exclusively a LF during his time in the majors, the Twins gave him plenty of innings in the spring in RF and then decided to keep him in LF for this year. I'm guessing either 1. Gardy didn't think Willingham looked comfortable in RF or 2. Willingham requested to play LF
It's really not that big of a deal though, the entire outfield range increases a ton no matter where Revere is playing. Though. ideally you would have Revere in CF and Span in RF if both are out there.