Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Photo

Wild off-season

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Jason

Jason

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:36 AM

Wild reached a agreement with Keith Ballard 2 years $3 million total and Cullen won't be returning according to Russo.

#2 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 5,023 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:25 AM

Really like the Ballard signing. I hope they find a way to keep Cullen....his line was often the best one.

#3 Gernzy

Gernzy

• Members
  • 440 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:21 PM

Fletcher already told Cullen they wouldn't be able to resign him. It's too bad since he's still a great player. Looks like he might be going to Nashville.

I like all the other moves so far as well. I think the Clutterbuck trade will pay off even though I hate seeing Cal leave.

Ohh and PMB to the Islanders. No real loss there. He was never the same player after the concussions.
I bent my wookie...

#4 Jason

Jason

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:23 PM

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie 1m
WPG sends 2nd round pick in 2014 to MIN for Devin Setoguchi.

#5 Jason

Jason

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:38 PM

Wild sign Matt Cooke to a three-year deal. 2.5 million a year.

Edited by Jason, 05 July 2013 - 05:43 PM.

#6 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 5,023 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:46 PM

Wild sign Matt Cooke to a three-year deal. 2.5 million a year.

Ugh, I hate that. You have to replace Seto with scoring. Torrey Mitchell already does what Cooke does better and cheaper.

#7 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 5,023 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:17 PM

I chewed on this a bit more......I HATE this move. Give that 2.5 plus a bit more and sign Stalberg or anyone but this cheap shooting schmuck.

#8 mikecgrimes

mikecgrimes

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:07 AM

Already hated the Ballard move and now Matt Cooke. Looks like I can go without cable until the start of baseball season/NHL playoffs. Get the NHL package through the internet and head up to St Cloud every other weekend for Husky hockey. Screw the Wild. Only thing I will miss is my chance to watch Don Lucia finish 4th in the Big Ten.

#9 Joe

Joe

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:20 PM

Have to be disappointed with the off season. They're not better by any means. Ish. Another year of ****ty pro hockey in Minnesota.

#10 E. Andrew

E. Andrew

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:49 AM

Go through Jason Zucker's highlight reel and you have enough reason to watch next year. I don't love the Cooke move, but we'll still have a great top line and lots of depth to play around with.

#11 mikecgrimes

mikecgrimes

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:21 PM

Have to be disappointed with the off season. They're not better by any means. Ish. Another year of ****ty pro hockey in Minnesota.

Look at Mikko Koivu's production from year 1 to year 2. If 2 out of Coyle Brodin Zucker and Granlund make that jump they are much better. Between Parise Suter and Koivu you are pretty close to a great team. If nothing goes crazy injury wise this should be a 4 or 5 seed. Cooke is a good move if he avoids suspensions and can still play that pathetic dirty style that has no place in this league.

Between Cullen Clutterbuck Gilbert and Seteguchi we didn't lose a heck of a lot.

#12 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 5,023 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:19 PM

I'm excited about Zucker and it's nice to have another skilled power forward...but I am very worried about our depth at center ice.