Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Article: Twins Minor League Report (7/4): Power and Pitching Help Kernels

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 15,449 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:27 PM

You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.co...ng-Help-Kernels

#2 clutterheart

clutterheart

• Members
  • 1,481 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:41 AM

Nice to see Jorge keeping his walk rate down. This was a problem for him in the past and needs to be watched

#3 SD Buhr

SD Buhr

Majoring in minors, minoring in Majors

• Members
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:11 AM

I understand that the Florida State League is a little different than other leagues, with teams playing at their respective organizations' spring training sites, but how do you not even have a game scheduled on July 4?

I guess I'm just accustomed to July 4 being one of the biggest, if not the biggest, crowds of the season in Cedar Rapids. Do people in Florida NOT go to baseball games on July 4?

#4 SD Buhr

SD Buhr

Majoring in minors, minoring in Majors

• Members
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:35 AM

Just noticed the logo on the video board in the picture. You managed to get that picture just as they were doing the pregame "Twins Organizational Report" which I think is sponsored by some guys who work from their mothers' basements.

#5 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 1,165 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:22 AM

I understand that the Florida State League is a little different than other leagues, with teams playing at their respective organizations' spring training sites, but how do you not even have a game scheduled on July 4?

I guess I'm just accustomed to July 4 being one of the biggest, if not the biggest, crowds of the season in Cedar Rapids. Do people in Florida NOT go to baseball games on July 4?

I think I can answer that. I was in Florida yesterday and in the area I was in baseball wasn't at the top of the to-do list. Also, I don't think Marlins fans go to baseball games no matter what day it is.

#6 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 15,449 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:55 AM

Just noticed the logo on the video board in the picture. You managed to get that picture just as they were doing the pregame "Twins Organizational Report" which I think is sponsored by some guys who work from their mothers' basements.

The timing was fully intentional! The field looked great last night.

#7 greengoblinrulz

greengoblinrulz

• Members
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:03 AM

Butera's last 10 game stretch SCREAM promotion and Im NOT bein sarcastic, but rather a way the front office can at least sell this to media/fans. 12 or last 35 (.343) w/ .457slgg. If there is EVER gonna be a Butera recall this year, its now!!:angry:

#8 YourHouseIsMyHouse

YourHouseIsMyHouse

• Members
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:13 AM

This Fernando Romero interests me. Hot start for him in the GCL.