Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

The Store

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Photo

Wear your helmet

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 mike wants wins

mike wants wins

Would Like to be More Positive

• Members
  • 7,259 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:44 AM

I just broke my femur on a bike fall, but it would have been a lot worse without a helmet. Please wear your helmets.

What I just typed is probably an opinion, not a fact. I mean, I'm usually right, so you should maybe assume it is or will be a fact soon, but that's up to you. :)

#2 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 9,309 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:19 AM

Motorcycle or bicycle? Because I view the two differently.

On a motorcycle, you are mentally retarded if you don't wear a helmet. I'm saying this as someone who has logged more than 100,000 miles on two-wheeled motorized vehicles.

On a bicycle, you are stupid if you don't wear a helmet. I admit that sometimes I'm a little stupid.

#3 mike wants wins

mike wants wins

Would Like to be More Positive

• Members
  • 7,259 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:53 PM

Bicycle.....stupid gravel and road work.

#4 drjim

drjim

• Members
  • 2,546 posts
  • LocationSt. Paul

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:24 PM

Good luck on the recovery.

#5 Willihammer

Willihammer

ice cream correspondent

• Members
  • 3,332 posts
  • LocationSaint Paul

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:16 PM

On a motorcycle, you are mentally retarded if you don't wear a helmet. I'm saying this as someone who has logged more than 100,000 miles on two-wheeled motorized vehicles.

Goldwings?

#6 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 9,309 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 02:47 PM

Goldwings?

Nope, almost all those miles were logged on sportbikes. The cushiest bike I've ever owned is either a Ducati ST4s sport tourer or the Honda VFR800 I ride now (still have the Duck but its engine grenaded last summer).

#7 buckninetyone

buckninetyone

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:27 PM

i ride a tandem bike by myself :(

#8 Willihammer

Willihammer

ice cream correspondent

• Members
  • 3,332 posts
  • LocationSaint Paul

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:24 AM

Nope, almost all those miles were logged on sportbikes. The cushiest bike I've ever owned is either a Ducati ST4s sport tourer or the Honda VFR800 I ride now (still have the Duck but its engine grenaded last summer).

Well there you go. Ducati expects you to wreck their bikes before racking up that kind of mileage. Meanwhile the Honda rides on. I saw a guy on the Internet post a Goldwing with 500,000 miles on it the other day.

Anyway, good luck with the femur Mike.

#9 ashburyjohn

ashburyjohn

Twins Daily Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 5,862 posts
  • LocationLake Tahoe, Nevada

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:54 PM

i ride a tandem bike by myself :(

My wife and I share a regular bike; we take turns who sits in whose lap.

And ditto the best wishes to Mike. Had a friend break his femur in a bicycle accident 20 years ago - he didn't enjoy the experience, it turns out.

#10 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 9,309 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:24 AM

Well there you go. Ducati expects you to wreck their bikes before racking up that kind of mileage. Meanwhile the Honda rides on. I saw a guy on the Internet post a Goldwing with 500,000 miles on it the other day.

On the other hand, Ducatis have a soul whereas Hondas do not. I like my motorcycles to be sassy and a little bit unpredictable.

I bought the Honda for a long trip next year (planning to do eastern Canada on a bike) and then I'll be buying another Ducati. I may keep the Honda, don't know yet. We'll see how I like it in a year.