Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Photo

Article: Twins Minor League Report (6/24): E-Town Off to Hot Start

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Jeremy Nygaard

Jeremy Nygaard

Twins Draft Czar

• Twins Database Managers
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:25 PM

You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.co...ff-to-Hot-Start

#2 Oldgoat_MN

Oldgoat_MN

Afraid my optimism will damage me somehow

• Members
  • 726 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:40 PM

It's been the same as asking for ridicule here to suggest that Sano has a long way to go.
Maybe that is being taught to everyone right now.

As talented as he is, he is facing tough pitching by older, more seasoned professionals.

Good! Make him work for it.

If he is the man we hope he is, it will only make him stronger.

Edited by Oldgoat_MN, 24 June 2013 - 09:51 PM.

#3 jokin

jokin

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 9,724 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:56 PM

It's been the same as asking for ridicule here to suggest that Sano has a long way to go.
Maybe that is being taught to everyone right now.

As talented as he is, he is facing tough pitching by older, more seasoned professionals.

Good! Make him work for it,

If he is the man we hope he is, it will only make him stronger.

I would never ridicule you, OG. Making this jump to AA is the most difficult one for many prospects, as most pitchers at this level have gotten their stuff together enough to be considered for the majors.

The point some of us have been trying to make, was that both last year and this year, Sano clearly demonstrated that he was above the levels he was playing at. It was time to give him a taste of High A last year and it's past time for Sano to be at AA this year. Now he's there, now he finally gets to make the biggest adjustments at the plate of his career thus far. He currently is being asked to do it without much plate protection behind him. That makes for a good challenge for him to go about solving. Let's revisit this in a month and see how he's doing. I'm pretty confident it's going to work out just fine.

#4 clutterheart

clutterheart

• Members
  • 892 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:04 PM

Randy Rosario! Hope he can put it together and get up to CR to end the year.
He just turned 19 and if he keeps getting Ground Balls he is going to fly up the system.

Interesting that Summers was called up over someone like Tyler Rogers. Rogers has been pretty good while Summers has been just decent.

Anyword on when Stewart makes his debut?

#5 glunn

glunn

Head Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 6,167 posts
  • LocationBeverly Hills, CA

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:36 AM

Thanks Jeremy. Another excellent minor league report.

#6 johnnydakota

johnnydakota

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:23 AM

Congrate Jeremy , I did in fact notice your blurb on rumors, hope this continues for you , And thanks for tonights report

#7 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 10,129 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:31 AM

He just turned 19 and if he keeps getting Ground Balls he is going to fly up the system.

Interesting that Summers was called up over someone like Tyler Rogers. Rogers has been pretty good while Summers has been just decent.

Anyword on when Stewart makes his debut?

Randy Rosario is quite intriguing... Left-handed, young, and throws, up to, 94!

Rogers has been terrific for 6 weeks. Summers has been solid and improved, and he's been there for a full year.

Stewart was listed as the 6th starter, which would put him on pace to start about Thursday, but they may have him throw more bullpens since he hadn't thrown in a game in quite awhile.

#8 troyhobbs

troyhobbs

• Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:07 AM

Sano may be going through a slump but it's*encouraging that E. Rosario is hitting pretty well at AA. I've never read anything negative about him and he sounds like polished player for a young guy. Any chance he lands in the MLB before Sano?

#9 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 991 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:16 AM

Another two hits by Chad Christensen. Keep it up!

#10 Zephrin

Zephrin

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:22 AM

Sano may be going through a slump but it's*encouraging that E. Rosario is hitting pretty well at AA. I've never read anything negative about him and he sounds like polished player for a young guy. Any chance he lands in the MLB before Sano?

I thought I read somewhere early this year that Meintkevitz was impressed enough with Rosario's fielding adjustment to 2B as well as his approach at the plate that he thought he would compete for an opening day shot in 2014. I have not really seen anyone seriously discussing Sano as an opening day candiate for 2014, which would lead me to believe that a lot of people think Rosario is ahead of Sano (Also makes sense since Rosario is a bit older).

#11 ThejacKmp

ThejacKmp

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:23 AM

I realize that it's a pop culture reference to a song but I find it humorous that on the day Twins Daily emphasizes its comment policy about refraining from insulting other members, the lead paragraph of the daily recap insinuates that all of the site's readers are in fact prostitutes performing illicit acts. :P

#12 Jeremy Nygaard

Jeremy Nygaard

Twins Draft Czar

• Twins Database Managers
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:45 AM

I realize that it's a pop culture reference to a song but I find it humorous that on the day Twins Daily emphasizes its comment policy about refraining from insulting other members, the lead paragraph of the daily recap insinuates that all of the site's readers are in fact prostitutes performing illicit acts. :P

Not all of the readers, just one. And with the amount of readers the site has...

#13 Boone

Boone

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:54 AM

I thought I read somewhere early this year that Meintkevitz was impressed enough with Rosario's fielding adjustment to 2B as well as his approach at the plate that he thought he would compete for an opening day shot in 2014. I have not really seen anyone seriously discussing Sano as an opening day candiate for 2014, which would lead me to believe that a lot of people think Rosario is ahead of Sano (Also makes sense since Rosario is a bit older).

I'm not doubting your intel, but lets hope that the Twins have learned that prospects need some time in AAA before heading to the majors.

An interesting note on Rosario: over his last 23 games (11 in A+ and 12 in AA), he has drawn 12 walks. In his previous 41 games, he drew just 10. For a player who has always been a bit of a free-swinger, this is a good sign.

#14 Twins Twerp

Twins Twerp

• Members
  • 842 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:59 AM

Spanom style...nice! He did develop some vertigo when he got on base didnt he.

#15 jay

jay

• Members
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:10 AM

Thanks, Jeremy. And I literally lol'd at the LMFAO reference.

I think the previous post about it was sarcasm. If it's approved by the FCC for your children to hear on the radio, it can't be too out of place on an internet blog. Please continue such references. It makes Cistulli a great read on FG.

#16 Shane Wahl

Shane Wahl

• Members
  • 5,097 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:04 AM

Have to wonder what that is about Herrmann.

The Rosarios are both impressive.

#17 FanFromAffar

FanFromAffar

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:17 PM

I hope so. There's never enough good pitchers to choose from in a farm system.