Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Recent Blogs

Photo

Article: Byron Buxton To Be Promoted to High A-Fort Myers

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 Twins Daily Admin

Twins Daily Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 202 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:14 PM

You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.co...h-A-Fort-Myers

#2 CwK

CwK

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:15 PM

@JimCrikket: Buxton promoted to Ft Myers per Jake Mauer.

yep.

#3 jerickasdad34

jerickasdad34

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:16 PM

Glad this moment has come....a little surprised he didnt go after the all star game

#4 drjim

drjim

• Members
  • 8,547 posts
  • LocationSt. Paul

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:16 PM

This was a week late!

#5 josecordoba

josecordoba

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:21 PM

Buxton appears to be the Youngest Hitter in the League. If Buxton has a wRC near League Average this will be a very successful season.

#6 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 15,259 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:26 PM

Glad this moment has come....a little surprised he didnt go after the all star game

I think that the Miracle were getting Wilkin Ramirez and wanted him to get 3-5 games in as rehab first. With Ramirez having a setback, the time came.

#7 YourHouseIsMyHouse

YourHouseIsMyHouse

• Members
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:48 PM

I hope he performs to the best of his abilities. Buxton surely will be fine defensively, but we'll have to see if he can hit these pitchers. If he can just be an average hitter here, I think he'll move past this with ease. Since we saw quite a few Twins' prospects crush the FSL, perhaps Buxton will too.

#8 Ncgo4

Ncgo4

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:50 PM

Let's hope Buck moves up more smoothly than Sano has done. I watched (via MILB) the New Britain games this week end and, in spite of a few hits, Sano really appeared to be lost. Today, in particular he looked like he had no idea of either the strike zone or what was coming. I am still confident he'll get it together, but it's been difficult.

#9 jokin

jokin

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 11,087 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:50 PM

I think that the Miracle were getting Wilkin Ramirez and wanted him to get 3-5 games in as rehab first. With Ramirez having a setback, the time came.

Sounds reasonable. It seems like its been a long time coming, by all accounts this kid is a worker and internally driven for accepting nothing less than excellence. I think Dougie Mint is just the right guy (has been all along) to tweak and motivate this guy to quickly move through this level, as well.

How many managers get to actually play baseball with a HOF number-type guy in High School (A-Rod) and then have the opportunity to manage not one, but 2 sky's-the-limit potential guys in one season? He appears to have done right by Sano- Miguel ended up doing unprecedented things in the FSL, no reason to think that he won't tap into Buck's full potential, too. Exciting time to ponder the Twins near future.

On a selfish note, thanks Twins, for getting this promotion done just in time for my July Florida vacation!

#10 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

Twins Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 11,257 posts
  • LocationThe charred ruins of BYTO

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:53 PM

Let's hope Buck moves up more smoothly than Sano has done. I watched (via MILB) the New Britain games this week end and, in spite of a few hits, Sano really appeared to be lost. Today, in particular he looked like he had no idea of either the strike zone or what was coming. I am still confident he'll get it together, but it's been difficult.

Probably hasn't seen breaking pitches quite that good... nor consistently thrown for strikes. It will be a good challenge for him.

#11 beckmt

beckmt

• Members
  • 1,849 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:55 PM

Toughest jump is from High A to AA. He will be fine after the adjustment period.

#12 beckmt

beckmt

• Members
  • 1,849 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:56 PM

Congrats to Buxton. Will see what he can do. If he rakes in Ft. Myers, he should start next year in AA. Maybe the majors next year.

#13 jay

jay

• Members
  • 1,504 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:59 PM

This was a week late!

:s-chainsaw:

Edited by jay, 24 June 2013 - 08:52 AM.

#14 jay

jay

• Members
  • 1,504 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:01 PM

Congrats to Byron on the much deserved promotion! Bummed I couldn't get to CR in time this year to see him...

#15 Monkeypaws

Monkeypaws

• Members
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:03 PM

What a great pick - best player over need 100 times!

#16 clutterheart

clutterheart

• Members
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:00 PM

Too soon
I think they should demote him back to the GCL. He is doing too good and needs a "reality check"

#17 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 15,259 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:15 PM

Buxton finally gets his call to Fort Myers | TheGazette

Cedar Rapids' The Gazette's Jeff Johnson penned an article on the promotion.

#18 70charger

70charger

• Members
  • 3,372 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:22 PM

This makes all the *****ing and moaning in the other threads even less than useless. But fire Terry Ryan anyway! Wharrgarrbbbll!

Edited by Seth Stohs, 23 June 2013 - 08:56 PM.

#19 70charger

70charger

• Members
  • 3,372 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:25 PM

So you're saying the front office had a plan and wasn't just ridiculously incompetent? But wait, that does NOT fit the narrative. Whatever will we do?

#20 johnnydakota

johnnydakota

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:45 PM

Good for the Kid ,hope good things for you ,and that you continue to develpoe into a star player