Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Article: Twins Minor League Report (6/14-15): Friday and Saturday Scoreboard

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 15,346 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:46 AM

You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.co...rday-Scoreboard

#2 jimbo92107

jimbo92107

Señor Member

• Members
  • 3,551 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:43 AM

I bet AA pitchers are throwing nothing but off-plate junk to Miguel Sano, figuring the new kid will be swinging for the fences every at bat.

Take the walks, kid. Sooner or later they'll have to pitch to you.

#3 Shane Wahl

Shane Wahl

• Members
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:28 AM

Looks like they tried to pitch around Sano and Pinto (5 walks combined) to get to Nate Hanson. Mistake . . . .

Good for Stuifbergen. Great to see him with that many strikeouts.

#4 Red Bull

Red Bull

Banned

• Banned
  • 115 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:19 PM

I saw Sano had like 3 walks yesterday and now today he went 0-3 with 2 more walks, I dont know if thye just arent giving him anything to hit but hes batting .091 with 3 sac fly RBIs. His struggles are probably a combination of him making the hardest jump in the minors and the pitchers arent giving him anything to hit because they know what he will do.

Buxton has been pretty solid the last few games including today where he went 2-5 with and RBI.

Gibson is starting to worry me though, he keeps getting our hopes up with a good start or 2 in a row then right when we think hes ready he has another rough outing. I know 3ER in 6IP isnt horrible but if hes ready for the majors he should be lights out in AAA or atleast close to it. Maybe hes just not gonna be as good as we thought he was gonna be?

#5 Red Bull

Red Bull

Banned

• Banned
  • 115 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:26 PM

I bet AA pitchers are throwing nothing but off-plate junk to Miguel Sano, figuring the new kid will be swinging for the fences every at bat.

Take the walks, kid. Sooner or later they'll have to pitch to you.

Idk man I have seen multiple articles saying Sano is a true 80 Power guy and some have even said he has the most power they have ever seen and now hes hitting for a high average, so maybe until they get another really good batter behind him nobody will pitch to him? Even then he will still get walked a ton.
[FONT=Calibri]"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you!"[/FONT]