Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

From MinnCentric

Photo

Article: Series Preview: Twins vs Tigers, 6/14-6/16

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#21 ashburyjohn

ashburyjohn

Twins Daily Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 6,492 posts
  • LocationLake Tahoe, Nevada

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:00 PM

Arcia gets a double - nice to see some power on his return to the majors - even nicer if someone now drives him in.

#22 greengoblinrulz

greengoblinrulz

• Members
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:00 PM

Wonder if Drew Butera is gonna be called up this weekend as he just hit a 3run HR......can hear Ryan/gardy talk about how great he was hitting!!!1

#23 ashburyjohn

ashburyjohn

Twins Daily Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 6,492 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:03 PM

You can not hope to stop teh Butera, you can only hope to contain him.

#24 ashburyjohn

ashburyjohn

Twins Daily Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 6,492 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:06 PM

Of course. This is how the new stadium will make us more competitive.

That reminds me, who on the waiver wire looks interesting this week?

#25 greengoblinrulz

greengoblinrulz

• Members
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:11 PM

That reminds me, who on the waiver wire looks interesting this week?

Former Ranger Mark Hamburger has a 6.44ERA for St Paul Saints??

#26 glunn

glunn

Head Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 5,666 posts
  • LocationBeverly Hills, CA

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:12 PM

Her knee surgery went OK - unable to repair the meniscus, but they took away the scraps that were causing her knee to lock up and she was walking pretty comfortably by the time I left.

I got to walk around a lot in SF, so as not to be underfoot too much, and the avatar today is a reminder of one of the neighborhoods I reached. :)

I am glad that they made progress on the knee. Hopefully the meniscus can somehow get better.

SF is a fun place to visit. Too bad Olivia does not live there.

#27 greengoblinrulz

greengoblinrulz

• Members
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:16 PM

I am sick of seeing Jamie Carroll batting first for the Twins. It's pretty obvious that at this stage of his career, Jamie shouldn't be playing every day and that is exacerbated by him batting in the #1 spot. Much like Gardy playing Nick Punto all the time, it is tough to find an alternative for the leadoff spot, but it's also tough to watch at-bats wasted on a 39-year old utility infielder.

CMON, you cannot possibly NOT bat him leadoff. He fits every physical description of a leadoff hitter in the Baseball Managing For Idiots pamplet. Cant think someone from the MN Twins organization can think outside the box, can ya??

#28 greengoblinrulz

greengoblinrulz

• Members
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:20 PM

Diamond has 5 more pitches left as Gardy REFUSES to let him go farther

#29 glunn

glunn

Head Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 5,666 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:23 PM

This is a terrible inning for the Twins. Two walks and a ball to right that looked catchable.

#30 ashburyjohn

ashburyjohn

Twins Daily Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 6,492 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:23 PM

I am glad that they made progress on the knee. Hopefully the meniscus can somehow get better.

SF is a fun place to visit. Too bad Olivia does not live there.

Menisci and knees in general do not get better, unfortunately - ask Tony O. Risk of arthritis for her 20-30 years down the line. Hopefully some kind of medical breakthrough occurs in the meantime, though her surgeon did not know of something on the horizon.

#31 ashburyjohn

ashburyjohn

Twins Daily Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 6,492 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:25 PM

This is a terrible inning for the Twins. Two walks and a ball to right that looked catchable.

Fielder managed to score from second on a double.

#32 Reginald Maudling's Shin

Reginald Maudling's Shin

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:28 PM

Well, if Doumit catches the ball instead of watching it hit the wall at eye level, things may have turned out differently. Could they please get worse outfielders please?

#33 stringer bell

stringer bell

Front office apologist

• Twins News Team
  • 4,819 posts
  • LocationZumbrota MN

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:28 PM

Dick was given permission to diss Doumit gently. He should have caught that ball and a number of left fielders would have caught the ball hit by Peralta. Some blame has to go to Diamond, of course, but Gardenhire's insistence on playing Doumit in right is wearing on me as much as grampa leading off.

#34 greengoblinrulz

greengoblinrulz

• Members
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:31 PM

Dick was given permission to diss Doumit gently. He should have caught that ball and a number of left fielders would have caught the ball hit by Peralta. Some blame has to go to Diamond, of course, but Gardenhire's insistence on playing Doumit in right is wearing on me as much as grampa leading off.

That inning IS/WAS Gardy's fault.
He pleads defense in the infield but cares less about defense in the corner OF & has for his entire 11 yrs.
They have a very poorly constructed lineup

#35 glunn

glunn

Head Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 5,666 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:33 PM

Menisci and knees in general do not get better, unfortunately - ask Tony O. Risk of arthritis for her 20-30 years down the line. Hopefully some kind of medical breakthrough occurs in the meantime, though her surgeon did not know of something on the horizon.

I would be willing to bet that 20 years from now this will be fixable. There are lots of breakthroughs being made in growing new tissue.

#36 Bark's Lounge

Bark's Lounge

Whatchamacallit is the Best Candy Bar

• Members
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationKerguelen Island

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:34 PM

I'm bummed.

It was nice that the Twin's won 2 out of 3 against the Phil's, but since the nice little offensive run we had against the Brewers and Mariners, our offense has fallen flat on it's face.

It's been tough to watch this team the last week or two. I must say that I am not a fan of Bi-Polar baseball. I guess I am not one who is built to enjoy riding a roller coaster on a frequent basis.

Just a guess - the Twins do not win this one.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

#37 greengoblinrulz

greengoblinrulz

• Members
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:36 PM

Think about this, the Twins best corner outfield defender is tonights backup catcher

#38 glunn

glunn

Head Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 5,666 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:39 PM

He pleads defense in the infield but cares less about defense in the corner OF & has for his entire 11 yrs.

I think that Parm would have caught the ball in RF, but Doumit has 1/3 of the Twins hits tonight. If Gardy had better players to work with, the OF would be better. I am not a big Gardy fan, but at the moment there are not a lot of good options on the bench.

#39 ashburyjohn

ashburyjohn

Twins Daily Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 6,492 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:39 PM

I would be willing to bet that 20 years from now this will be fixable. There are lots of breakthroughs being made in growing new tissue.

I'm not willing to bet against my daughter's well-being, so I won't take you up on that. :)

#40 jokin

jokin

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 8,297 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:42 PM

The tipoff was in the 4th inning, when all the groundball outs suddenly changed into flyball outs. This inning became very predictable after the first double. At this point, I think Diamond is still seeing double