Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

Tom Powers article on CR/Buxton

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SD Buhr

SD Buhr

Majoring in minors, minoring in Majors

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:25 AM

The Pioneer-Press' Tom Powers was in Cedar Rapids this past week and posted the article available at the below link.

"The consensus here is that he will be promoted to advanced Class A Fort Myers after the All-Star break. Paul Molitor is in town, helping him to work on getting a better lead off of first base. Various Twins instructors routinely pop in to offer advice. But Buxton can work on that stuff at the next level, too. Right now he needs to face better pitching."

Byron Buxton's first pro season, and Twins' first in Iowa, has the attention of Cedar Rapids - TwinCities.com

Covering the Cedar Rapids Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com while my alter-ego, Jim Crikket, opines about the Twins and Kernels at Knuckleballsblog.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

#2 fairweather

fairweather

Banned

• Banned
  • 253 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:35 AM

I've seen Buxton twice now. He reminds me of a YOUNG barry bonds. The great thing is everything you read leads a person to believe that he isn't narcissistic or hard to be around like bonds is was and always will be. I think the Twins have someone SUPER special in Buxton.

#3 fairweather

fairweather

Banned

• Banned
  • 253 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:39 AM

Watching him play is freaking amazing! Athletically he's on his own level. Kind of like the RG3 of baseball. Just unbelievable. If he continues to progress he'll be the best baseball player in the world in about 4-5 years. IMO