Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Photo

Article: Twins Minor League Report (6/7): Albers Twirls Gem

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Cody Christie

Cody Christie

Twins Contributor

• Twins Contributors
  • 838 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:56 AM

You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.co...bers-Twirls-Gem

#2 SurroundedByTigers

SurroundedByTigers

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:22 AM

If you want to know where the Twins infield of the future is, take a look at numbers of Sano 3B, Rosario 2B, Vargas 1B, and how they rank in the Florida State League. I just finished looking at the league stats. What they are doing is just amazing. Vargas leads in RBIs with Sano 2nd; Sano leads in HRs and Slugging and Onbase % and 4th in BAvg; Rosario is Top 10 in several categories. Move them to AA New Britain NOW!!!! If they perform well at AA, they could start next season for the Twins.

#3 nicksaviking

nicksaviking

• Members
  • 3,693 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:54 AM

Good chance they move here soon. It's been discussed here a ton. Likey after the league's All-Star game and the new draft picks start signing.

#4 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 782 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:11 AM

Will Albers get a chance to pitch for the Twins this season?

#5 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

Twins Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:34 AM

I highly doubt that Sano, Rosario, and Vargas start next year in Minnesota. I suspect all move up to AA after the all star game and will finish the season there with Rochester being their starting destination (assuming they perform well this year) for the 2014 season. All will likely find themselves in Minnesota for a cup of coffee at one point and will be sent down with things to work on unless they absolutely rake.

#6 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,429 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:33 AM

I believe that Sano could start the season as the Twins starting 3B. Rosario would be close. I believe in Vargas. Ranked him 8th in my top 50... but he'll take a little longer.

#7 glunn

glunn

Head Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 5,208 posts
  • LocationBeverly Hills, CA

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:34 PM

Why not bring up Albers while he is hot?

#8 Shane Wahl

Shane Wahl

• Members
  • 4,071 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:48 PM

Albers is going to find himself a spot with the Twins by next year. If not starting, he will be the long reliever as Swarzak gets to arbitration next year (1 million???). There is a good case to be made for Albers moving up to the Twins rotation pretty soon though. Correia, Diamond, and Deduno may be all safe right now. Pelfrey and Walters? Not so much. I would be pleased with Gibson and Albers coming up pronto.

#9 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,719 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:07 PM

Does anyone have a report on Albers' stuff?