- Shame On You, Cook and Kanabec Counties
Today, 11:12 AM
- NCAA vs Autographs
Today, 10:41 AM
- Article: Fantasy Football Week 8 Rankings
Today, 09:28 AM
- Judge Case not recused in Peterson case
Today, 09:14 AM
- Article: Something’s Gotta Give
Today, 08:34 AM
- Article: Preaching Patience with Teddy
Yesterday, 07:49 PM
- This Week in the NFC North - Week 8
Yesterday, 07:07 PM
- Article: Vikings Journal Mailbag: Norv Turner, the Trade Deadline and Anthony Barr
Yesterday, 05:50 PM
- NFL introduces its own Lady Bing award
Yesterday, 08:14 AM
- Vegas favors (1-5) Tampa Bay over Vikings
Oct 21 2014 12:33 PM
Sorry about the outage last night, folks
Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:24 AM
I'm in talks with the hosting company to see what we can do to prevent this from happening again when the trade deadline approaches. Given that we shouldn't see a bum's rush of traffic at EXACTLY the same moment today due to the drawn-out nature of the later draft picks, the server should support the traffic just fine, even if the overall number of queries is the same as it was yesterday.
If anything, thanks for flooding the server. In a weird sort of way, it's a good thing as it means you all really like us.
Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:36 AM
Anyway, we're going to work on the problem and figure out what we need to do to avoid it happening again.
Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:18 AM
Would this also be why the site has been extremely slow to load? It actually is worse this morning, both from home and work. (Using Firefox.)
Traffic is still very high. We're moving forward with an entire server upgrade so this won't happen again (or, more accurately, it won't happen again until we reach capacity on THAT server).
It's really hard to predict when and where the traffic wall will be hit and I didn't see this one coming AT ALL. I guess the changes I made to the system a few months back eat resources like crazy. Unfortunately, they were absolutely necessary to make.