Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

Opening Day Viewing Party

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Parker Hageman

Parker Hageman

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:22 AM

Aaron Gleeman and John Bonnes are organizing a viewing party for Friday's opener. If you are in the Twin Cities - specifically the Hopkins area at the Wild Boar - join Gleeman and the Geek, as they say weird things like "UZR" and "BABIP" during the game to nerd up the joint.

More details here.

NOTE: I would love to join in the festivities but my desire to remain gainfully employed is an impediment towards me getting all beered up and watching baseball at 2 PM. (I know, right? What is this, Russia?!) I am, however, Tivo-ing the game so if you would kindly refrain from Tweeting any updates until after 4 PM that would be greatly appreciated. Repeat, please stay off all social media until I am able to catch up.

Thank you,

Parker

#2 Aaron Gleeman

Aaron Gleeman

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:37 AM

"Work" is a pretty flimsy excuse, Parker. For shame.

#3 Harrison Greeley III

Harrison Greeley III

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:38 AM

Hopefully I can sneak out of work early as it's a market holiday in addition to being Opening Day. Maybe I won't introduce myself. I'll just try to start a bar fight spouting non-sense about Carl Pavano's win/loss records, the Twins Way, and how players 'need to tough it out and play hurt' more often.

#4 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,566 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:00 AM

Parker, It's Opening Day. Who works on Opening Day? I don't think, in 15 years of employment, that I've ever worked past noon on Opening Day!

#5 Parker Hageman

Parker Hageman

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:07 AM

My excuse is that I am taking the following Monday off to attend the home opener, a much, MUCH, MUCH more important event in my book.

#6 Gernzy

Gernzy

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:07 AM

I might come after I get out of work, wouldn't get there until 4 though :(
I bent my wookie...

#7 ChuckkJay

ChuckkJay

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:41 AM

Parker,
It's Opening Day. Who works on Opening Day? I don't think, in 15 years of employment, that I've ever worked past noon on Opening Day!

WHICH Opening Day?

#8 John Bonnes

John Bonnes

Owner

• Administrators
  • 4,966 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:30 AM

I hope any Twins Daily members/readers who are in town are planning on coming to this. Aaron and I will be there. It looks like there's about a 75% chance of the ever-interesting Meatsauce showing up, and we might have some other special guests too. Anyone else going to come out and play?

#9 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,566 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:45 AM

My excuse is that I am taking the following Monday off to attend the home opener, a much, MUCH, MUCH more important event in my book.

Potato/Potato... Tomato/Tomato...

#10 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,566 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:46 AM

WHICH Opening Day?

Good point... I have had to cut back to make it only Twins Opening Day... I miss the old schedule!