Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

The Store

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Photo

Angel Morales

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SpiritofVodkaDave

SpiritofVodkaDave

• Members
  • 4,255 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:09 PM

Once upon a time Morales was one of the Twins best prospects and one of the glut of CF they had in the system, in 2011 and 2012 Morales seemed to hit a wall and really fell off the map in Ft Myers, now, still just 23 Morales has pieced himself together a nice 2013 in Ft Myers. Stikeouts remain an issue, but his power and average are both up quite a bit (298 and .518 slugging)

Could be an interesting player to keep an eye on again moving forward.

#2 nicksaviking

nicksaviking

• Members
  • 4,462 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:01 PM

He was my Adopt-a-Prospect last year. I didn't have many positive things to say and I'm very surprised he is doing so well. He's finally looking at a AA promotion. He'll need to be added to the 40-man next year though.

#3 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

Twins Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 5,051 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:10 PM

There needs to be a 40 man decision on him this year, so I think he gets promoted to NB shortly. He's been playing well. Defense is good as it is. Given that you don't have to have a great bat to play CF, he might find his way up as a 4th OF or potential trade bait if his bat continues to perform at AA and AAA.

#4 Shane Wahl

Shane Wahl

• Members
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:16 PM

Yeah, I see a potential competition for 4th OF between Morales and Ortiz. Some people don't get excited about such competitions for "marginal" roster spots, but I do.

#5 Oldgoat_MN

Oldgoat_MN

Ancient Member

• Members
  • 696 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:57 PM

Liked the look of his future with the Twins a while back.

Great to see he's doing well.
It will be interesting to see what they do with him.