- Article: Vikings Journal Mailbag: David Yankey, Drafting and the Offensive Line
Today, 06:21 AM
- Article: When Should We Start Worrying About Teddy? Not This Year
Yesterday, 05:23 PM
- Matt Kalil's brother Ryan comes to his defense
Yesterday, 04:02 PM
- Article: Where Do We Point The Finger?
Yesterday, 03:17 PM
- Article: Fantasy Football Week 13 Rankings
Yesterday, 12:18 PM
- Article: Fantasy Football Pants Party Podcast - Week 13
Yesterday, 12:48 AM
- Former Viking And Love Boat Coordinator Fred Smoot Arrested
Nov 25 2014 01:35 PM
- MUST SEE: Vikings' Matt Kalil Knocks Hat Off Fans' Head
Nov 25 2014 10:35 AM
- REPORT: Phil Loadholt Done For Season With Torn Pec
Nov 24 2014 08:52 PM
- Aaron Rodgers downs a "Grape Crush" at postgame press conference...
Nov 24 2014 03:35 PM
Article: Five things to watch as you watch this April
Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:57 PM
Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:14 AM
Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:59 AM
Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:08 PM
Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:06 AM
Nice article Parker.
It makes sense that a more over the top slot for Blackburn would help him. The higher you go the better the slider becomes. The high slot helps to keep the slider from flattening out but, it makes getting sink on the 2-seamer trickier. The fact he has gone to the higher slot seems, to me, to indicate he is very confident in his sinker now. This bodes well.
I hope you're right about Casilla. There's a tremendous ceiling there. You can just see his mind go a million MPH when he struggles. He loses focus and then everything seems to snowball.
Like Lexi, would really like to see him be terrific this year. It could spark the team in very surprising ways.
Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:16 AM
I will also watch for...
Glen Perkins velocity
Last year in the relief role his fastball was up 2 mph. He always virtually abandoned a change up and curve and threw the slider about 30% of the time. The relief role is given credit for giving his career a new life, but the slider he started throwing at a greater rate in 2010 gave him an out pitch. A new pitch can sometimes be an elixer. The slider can also lead to arm trouble and he experienced some trouble in the second half of the season. Is he healthy? Will he continue to throw 94? Will he continue with a slider at the 2011 rate?
Right Field Playing Time
Who gets the playing time? Doumit, Plouffe, Parmelee and Revere are all flawed defensive right fielders. Will any step forward and take that position? How will Gardenhire manage the position? From the outside, it seems the perfect opportunity to platoon Plouffe against all lefties. Is that what we will see in April?