Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Recent Blogs

From MinnCentric

Photo

Gray Tests Positive For Banned Stimulant

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ScottyB

ScottyB

• Members
  • 596 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:10 AM

Jonathan Gray has tested positive for Adderall, a banned substance. It won't result in a suspension, but Keith Law indicates that it could result in a huge discount in signing bonus. Meaning Gray will likely sign for cheap with the Astros. It seems the Twins are destined to take Kohl Stewart.

#2 mike wants wins

mike wants wins

Would Like to be More Positive

• Members
  • 6,120 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:13 AM

Pretty much covered in the Gray thread in teh minor league section......but if it does result in a huge discount, I can see Houston taking him. They get a top talent, and they get the discount they want.
Lighten up Francis....

#3 ScottyB

ScottyB

• Members
  • 596 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:50 AM

Missed that - sorry

#4 snepp

snepp

Curve Hanger

• Twins Mods
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:42 PM

Damn, I thought this was about Jeff Gray. Oh, what could have been.....

Piss test > Jeff Gray

#5 cmathewson

cmathewson

• Members
  • 2,273 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:50 PM

Damn, I thought this was about Jeff Gray. Oh, what could have been.....

Piss test > Jeff Gray

I cringe when I read his name. So I must admit I have a bias against this Gray kid.
"If you'da been thinkin' you wouldn't 'a thought that.."

#6 spideyo

spideyo

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:07 AM

Adderal is a banned substance? Is there an exception if you actually have a prescription and a diagnosis for ADHD or Narcolepsy?

I'm no athlete, but I crash cars when I'm not on Adderall, odds are that at least a handful of potential MLB players also have a medical need for it.

#7 B Richard

B Richard

• Members
  • 515 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:31 AM

Adderal is a banned substance? Is there an exception if you actually have a prescription and a diagnosis for ADHD or Narcolepsy?

I'm no athlete, but I crash cars when I'm not on Adderall, odds are that at least a handful of potential MLB players also have a medical need for it.

As I understand the rules, there's an exception if you have a prescription for it. Shane Victorino, for example, is a guy with ADHD who uses it legitimately with a prescription.

Not surprising at all IMO. Take it from someone who is just one year removed from undergrad, tons of kids use Adderall to cram during finals. More than you could ever imagine. It was a dumb mistake, but not really one that raises Randy Moss esque red flags for me personally. Yes, it can be used to improve on-field performance, but I don't think Gray's stuff this year is anywhere near even slightly dependent upon Adderall.
[SIZE=2]Bring a song and a smile for the banjo,
Better get while the gettin's good
Catch a ride to the end of the highway
Where the neons turn to wood[/SIZE]