Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

From MinnCentric

Photo

Game Thread: Twins @ Royals, 6/4 - 7:10pm

• Please log in to reply
299 replies to this topic

#1 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 12,196 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:39 AM

You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.co...-Royals-6-4-6-6

Lineups:

Twins:
Jamey Carroll 3B
Joe Mauer C
Josh Willingham LF
Justin Morneau 1B
Ryan Doumit DH
Chris Parmelee RF
Brian Dozier 2B
Aaron Hicks CF
Pedro Florimon SS
[FONT=Arial](Sam Deduno P)
[/FONT]
Royals:
Alex Gordon LF
Alcides Escobar SS
Eric Hosmer 1B
Billy Butler DH
Lorenzo Cain CF
Mike Moustakas 3B
Salvador Perez C
David Lough RF
Elliot Johnson 2B
[FONT=Arial](Luis Mendoza P)[/FONT]

#2 Carneal&Gordon

Carneal&Gordon

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:11 AM

Yahoo! Says the Royals are throwing Wade Davis vs the Twins on Thursday. I hope they're right.

#3 MichiganTwins

MichiganTwins

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:55 AM

Hicks would be tied for the lead in HR for the royals. Interesting.

#4 ashburyjohn

ashburyjohn

Twins Fan

• Twins Mods
  • 8,593 posts
  • LocationIt's complicated.

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:23 AM

Hard to believe a week ago, but one could say "third-place Minnesota Twins" in articles like these.

#5 Halsey Hall

Halsey Hall

• Members
  • 1,519 posts
  • LocationCurrently Hammond Stadium

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:03 AM

It's time to keep the pedal to the metal and create some space. Even though it's smoke and mirrors, 3rd place ain't bad. And some of the hitters are slowly coming around and if that continues, the smoke may clear.

#6 stringer bell

stringer bell

Shaking the rust off................my golf game

• Twins Mods
  • 6,214 posts
  • LocationZumbrota MN

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:00 AM

The Royals have almost impossibly low home run totals--Butler with five? Gordon with six (about right)? Hosmer (1) and Moustakis (4)? Wow. Brett knew when to step in becuase it has to get better than that from a power standpoint. They have been outhomered 66-29. I just hope the turnaround doesn't start tonight.

#7 Shane Wahl

Shane Wahl

• Members
  • 5,123 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:27 AM

Let's just hope that these Royals aren't the Twins of the next five years. Emerging talent. Falling on face.

#8 Riverbrian

Riverbrian

Goofy Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 12,235 posts
  • LocationGrand Rapids Michigan

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:05 PM

Let's just hope that these Royals aren't the Twins of the next five years. Emerging talent. Falling on face.

You Just Bummed Me Out. I'm gonna have to walk this off before game time. :P
A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

#9 mike wants wins

mike wants wins

Would Like to be More Positive

• Members
  • 10,168 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:05 PM

They are filled with "can't miss" young players, who are missing badly right now. JoePos' recent stories on their "power" have been fun reading.

#10 twinsnorth49

twinsnorth49

Moderately Moderate

• Twins Mods
  • 5,918 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:18 PM

paper bag.jpg

Sigh........win.......Tw​ins........

#11 Top Gun

Top Gun

• Members
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:25 PM

This is a battle for first or last place!

#12 Riverbrian

Riverbrian

Goofy Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 12,235 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:29 PM

Did I mention that I'm a Deduno fan!!!

I say that knowing that the two of his 4 wheels are off the ground and could flip at any moment.

Hopefully we can all enjoy the ride tonight.

Almost two hours to game today and I'm off from work... In position and waiting patiently.

Overture... Curtain... Lights... This is it... You'll hit the heights... And Oh what Hieghts we'll hit... On with the show... This is it.

#13 Riverbrian

Riverbrian

Goofy Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 12,235 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:30 PM

This is a battle for first or last place!

LOL Gun... How right you are... Cuz... They all are.

#14 DaveW

DaveW

<3 Mark Derosa <3

• Members
  • 6,370 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:10 PM

Just gotta keep winning, if DeDuno can prove to be solid, Diamond continues to improve and Gibson comes up strong this rotation could possibly stand a prayer of a chance later this year.

#15 Riverbrian

Riverbrian

Goofy Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 12,235 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:13 PM

Just gotta keep winning, if DeDuno can prove to be solid, Diamond continues to improve and Gibson comes up strong this rotation could possibly stand a prayer of a chance later this year.

Your sentiment fits my mood much better than what Shane was dishing out earlier. :jump:

#16 ashburyjohn

ashburyjohn

Twins Fan

• Twins Mods
  • 8,593 posts
  • LocationIt's complicated.

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:39 PM

I say that knowing that the two of his 4 wheels are off the ground and could flip at any moment.

Very apt metaphor. I'd say, "buckle up," except that the safest thing may be to be thrown clear of the vehicle if need be, and accept your broken collarbone instead of something worse.

Overture... Curtain... Lights... This is it... You'll hit the heights... And Oh what Hieghts we'll hit... On with the show... This is it.

Sounds vaguely familiar, Doc.

#17 Riverbrian

Riverbrian

Goofy Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 12,235 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:40 PM

Very apt metaphor.

Sounds vaguely familiar, Doc.

Whats Up Doc (crunch on carrot)

#18 DaveW

DaveW

<3 Mark Derosa <3

• Members
  • 6,370 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:42 PM

Your sentiment fits my mood much better than what Shane was dishing out earlier. :jump:

Dream scenario, Twins can stay "in it" trade for a SP at the deadline (without giving up any of the "studs" in the org which the list is getting larger by the day!), if Josh Johnson comes back healthy and somewhat effective maybe he is the target? Bring him back home to Minnesota and lock him into a 2-3 year deal possibly at a discount?

Either way, though I doubt the Twins make the playoffs, I would like to see them in the hunt as long as possible to make these games watchable and hopefully allow Gardy and Andy to keep their jobs for the next couple years while the next group of kids come up!

#19 jctwins

jctwins

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:48 PM

Dream scenario, Twins can stay "in it" trade for a SP at the deadline (without giving up any of the "studs" in the org which the list is getting larger by the day!), if Josh Johnson comes back healthy and somewhat effective maybe he is the target? Bring him back home to Minnesota and lock him into a 2-3 year deal possibly at a discount?

Either way, though I doubt the Twins make the playoffs, I would like to see them in the hunt as long as possible to make these games watchable and hopefully allow Gardy and Andy to keep their jobs for the next couple years while the next group of kids come up!

I bet this is exactly what's gonna happen!

#20 Riverbrian

Riverbrian

Goofy Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 12,235 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:48 PM

4.5 Games out... And... Only the bullpen, Mauer, Florimon and Correia have performed as good or better than what they were expected to

4.5 games out with performances below Expectation or career averages from Willingham, Morneau, Doumit, Plouffe, Parmelee, Hicks, Worley and Pelfrey.

If those guys start hitting like we expected them to. We might do a little trade deadline shopping. We just might.