Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

From MinnCentric

Photo

Article: Twins Daily Audio: Passing On The Big Three

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 John Bonnes

John Bonnes

Owner

• Administrators
  • 5,183 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:51 AM

You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.co...aw-s-Mock-Draft

#2 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 9,644 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:00 AM

It's only 15-20 minutes, so if you have a chance, please listen and provide us with your feedback on doing such podcasts... and also on my 'conspiracy theory.' Am I crazy!?

#3 Oldgoat_MN

Oldgoat_MN

Afraid my optimism will damage me somehow

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:14 AM

It's only 15-20 minutes, so if you have a chance, please listen and provide us with your feedback on doing such podcasts... and also on my 'conspiracy theory.' Am I crazy!?

I do not buy your conspiracy theory and, as much as I love your writing, I am pretty sure that you are crazy.

This was excellent. Concise and to a point. I think this will be a popular feature if you continue to do these. I look forward to the next one.

Criticism: could use a little more consistency on the voice volumes.

Thanks very much. I enjoyed this.

Also, I would be fine with the Twins taking Stewart over Bryant.
They are saying it is a 3 player draft. As I posted elsewhere on TD,
Stewart's is the arm that could make that line untrue.

#4 Brad Swanson

Brad Swanson

Señior Member

• Members
  • 675 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:20 AM

More podcasts! As a person who is barely literate, I appreciate being able to hear words.

#5 jorgenswest

jorgenswest

• Members
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:26 AM

Listened. Enjoyed. Thanks.

#6 Jeremy Nygaard

Jeremy Nygaard

Twins Draft Czar

• Twins Database Managers
  • 2,469 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:31 AM

I can promise it will be better in the future. I, for instance, have learned now how to use a microphone and won't keep my phone on speaker anymore. It was a trial, but let's hope it gets Seth out of "podcast retirement".

#7 SD Buhr

SD Buhr

Majoring in minors, minoring in Majors

• Members
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:48 AM

I'm not sure if it was the shorter length because it was a test or if that's the plan going forward, but I like the idea of short one-topic podcasts like this. I tend to listen to podcasts for a few minutes at a time at the office or in the evening and this kind of thing is much easier to find time for than the 60-90 minute versions.

I do, of course, expect the tabloids to be headlining the inevitable "breakup" of the Geek from Gleeman as a result of the Geek "cheating on" Gleeman with Seth and Jeremy.

#8 nicksaviking

nicksaviking

• Members
  • 5,263 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:50 AM

Kohl Stewart is also a hometown guy for the Astros and isn't a Boras client. I'd find him a more likely conspiracy target as he could still be the underslot player they desire.

#9 CwK

CwK

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:53 AM

Enjoyed the conversation. Length doesn't bother me, but as conciseness looks to be favored, I won't argue. Can't get enough draft talk!

#10 bradley

bradley

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:58 AM

I'm a big fan of podcasts and listen to them all the time. I tried to listen here at work and I get an error because it's firewalled. Is there any chance that if you all do this on a regular basis that you put it on iTunes like John and Aaron do with their podcast? I guarantee you I'd subscribe if you go that route. Thanks

#11 fredbortman

fredbortman

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:00 PM

I enjoyed the pod. Good content. I love the draft speculation. Was able to listen in on an iPhone with no problems at all. Loaded quick, too.

Now the gripes about the technical aspects. The sound was actually pretty decent except for a few aspects. The music was too loud at the beginning and ending which drowned out John's dulcet tones. When doing a podcast, I recommend never using a speakerphone. John, strangely, sounded worse than he does in the bar episodes of Gleeman and the Geek. Around the 12 minute mark there was some very audible microphone adjustments going on and the sound dimmed down. The audio in the last few minutes of the podcast was a little difficult to listen to.

#12 nicksaviking

nicksaviking

• Members
  • 5,263 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:04 PM

Also, in regard to the Pirates and Marlins having more money than the Twins, the Pirates are in that postion due to having 2 first rounders due to not signing Appel. If Gray were to refuse the Twins offer, the Twins would be in that situation next year.

#13 ashburyjohn

ashburyjohn

Twins Daily Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 7,998 posts
  • LocationIt's complicated.

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:15 PM

For some reason the feed doesn't seem to buffer, and my DSL internet connection means that it pauses every five seconds or less. I saved the mp3 file to disk and ran it from there and then it was smooth.

I have to say that none of the microphones seemed professional, each sounding like low-end home-market equipment in its own way. Low digital sample rate?

Edited by ashburyjohn, 03 June 2013 - 12:18 PM.

#14 Shane Wahl

Shane Wahl

• Members
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:15 PM

If Gray falls to the Twins (highly unlikely), the Twins would be foolish not to take him.

#15 Shane Wahl

Shane Wahl

• Members
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:17 PM

Gray, Appel, Bryant, Stewart is how it is going to go.

#16 denarded

denarded

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:33 PM

Jeremey's mic was low quality or he was using the mic on his phone which is going to be low quality. The intro/outro music is a little too 'powerful' for what the product is. Otherwise, loved the focus, conciseness and length. Got a lot of good thoughts in a short time. Thanks for doing this.

#17 nicksaviking

nicksaviking

• Members
  • 5,263 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:35 PM

If Gray falls to the Twins (highly unlikely), the Twins would be foolish not to take him.

I'd say the same about the Astros.

#18 Highabove

Highabove

• Members
  • 608 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:38 PM

It was good, but I gotta have more Cowbell!

#19 Airmonos

Airmonos

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:18 PM

Jeremey's mic was low quality or he was using the mic on his phone which is going to be low quality. The intro/outro music is a little too 'powerful' for what the product is. Otherwise, loved the focus, conciseness and length. Got a lot of good thoughts in a short time. Thanks for doing this.

Seconded. I didn't mind the music at the end, but I couldn't hear John at the beginning. I'm also pretty sure "And welcome..." is trademarked by G&G.

#20 twinsnorth49

twinsnorth49

Moderately Moderate

• Twins Mods
  • 4,968 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:27 PM

You need some better mics (good mics don't have to be expensive) and a compressor to keep the levels constant.

Good content, enjoyed it.