Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Photo

Ft. Myers Miracle Opening Day Roster

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,560 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:48 PM

(Note - there are 32 on this roster, not certain the DL situation)

FT. MYERS MIRACLE
Manager: Jake Mauer… Hitting Coach: Jim Dwyer… Pitching Coach: Steve Mintz

Pitchers: Paul Bargas (DL), Ricky Bowen, Tony Davis, Pat Dean, Jhon Garcia, Jose Gonzalez, Matt Hauser, BJ Hermsen, Edgar Ibarra, Miguel Munoz (DL), Marty Popham, Bruce Pugh, Adrian Salcedo, Manuel Soliman, Tom Stuifbergen (DL), Caleb Thielbar, Dakota Watts (DL)

Catchers: Josmil Pinto, Dan Rohlfing

Infielders: Michael Gonzales, Danny Rams, Andy Leer, Reggie Williams, Levi Michael, Danny Santana, Anderson Hidalgo, Jairo Perez

Outfielder: Oswaldo Arcia, Steve Liddle (DL), Angel Morales, Lance Ray

SUMMARY THOUGHTS: Dean, Hermsen, Munoz, Salcedo and Soliman present a very talented young starting core. Stuifbergen pitched well with the Miracle in 2011, but he has been injured throughout spring training. There are some seriously strong arms in this bullpen. Hauser and Gonzalez each spent time as closers. Watts and Pugh were splitting time as the Miracle closer at times over the past two seasons. Tony Davis had surgery last season and they will be smart with him. He’s a lefty that can throw 95.

Rohlfing played very well in 2012 and returns as he continues to impress and get better behind the plate. Pinto is a DH type and Killian was signed just before camp started. Expect Levi Michael and Danny Santana to split time between SS and second base. Leer was moved behind the plate in the instructional league, but he moves back to the infield. Gonzales took full advantage of a second season with the Snappers and showed his tremendous power. Anderson Hidalgo is a batting average guy. Jairo Perez seemingly came out of nowhere last year to hit for tremendous power with the Snappers after missing all of 2010 with Tommy John surgery. Speaking of power, Oswaldo Arcia returns to the Miracle. Angel Morales is healthy again and should regain his status as a top prospect. Lance Ray also has very good power.

Edited by Seth Stohs, 02 April 2012 - 08:26 PM.

#2 Shane Wahl

Shane Wahl

• Members
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:24 PM

This team is flat-out loaded. Morales, Michael, Arcia, Gonzalez, Ray, and Perez 1-6? And with that starting pitching? Do you think that when Stuif comes back, Soliman may get moved to the 'pen?

#3 Paul Pleiss

Paul Pleiss

Y'arrrgh matey!

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:16 AM

Between the infielders in Beloit and the Pitching in Ft. Myers, the Twins have a lot of good things coming up as the youngsters progress. I hope these guys can stay healthy.

#4 Highabove

Highabove

• Members
  • 588 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:12 PM

Caleb Thielbar is a pitcher that the Twins picked up from the Saint Paul Saints for a few bucks. He has only given up one hit in his first seven innings. Did have a few to many walks. He will be an interesting one to follow.

#5 Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed

• Members
  • 827 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:28 PM

Fm is up 3-1 on the Twins after 4 Michael rbi double, Arcia solo HR off of Blackburn.

#6 Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed

• Members
  • 827 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:54 PM

FM 5-1 on the Twins. Angel Morales triple off Swarzak(his 3rd hit), Rams RBI Single, Michael singled(2 hits), Santana Single(2hits, already 4 times up in 6 innings) and Jairo Perez Sac Fly.

#7 Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed

• Members
  • 827 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:03 PM

FM 5-4, Soliman gave up a couple walks, they scored on a Casilla double, who scored on Burroughs single.

#8 Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed

• Members
  • 827 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:18 PM

Burnett 1-2-3 7th for Twins. FM leads 5-4

#9 Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed

• Members
  • 827 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:24 PM

Davis has given up 3, Twins up 7-5

#10 Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed

• Members
  • 827 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:32 PM

4H/3R and a WP by Davis in the 7th Quesada/Harrison had back-back doubles. 7-5 Twins.

#11 Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed

• Members
  • 827 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:38 PM

Maloney IP H/8, 7-5 Twins in the 8th

#12 Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed

• Members
  • 827 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:26 PM

Parmelee hit a solo HR off Jhon Garcia in the 8th, Burton gave up 2 hits and 2 runs(yikes) in the 9th 8-7 final Rams/Michael/Morales all had 3 hits for FM Plouffe had 3, Mauer/Burroughs/Harrison had 3 for the Twins.

#13 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,560 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:32 PM

I just talked to Reggie Williams. He was released yesterday. One of the nicest people I've met.

#14 Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed

• Members
  • 827 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:59 AM

I just talked to Reggie Williams. He was released yesterday. One of the nicest people I've met.

That's too bad. Another high draft pick that didn't make it.

#15 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,560 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:36 AM

That's too bad. Another high draft pick that didn't make it.

Not sure what percent of 4th rounders make it...

#16 Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed

• Members
  • 827 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:06 AM

Not sure what percent of 4th rounders make it...

Twins 4th rounders since 2000

Jason Miller
Angel M Garcia
Alexander E Merricks
David M Shinskie
Mark L Robinson
Michael Moore
Garrett T Olson
Whitney Robbins
Reginald E Williams
Daniel Ortiz

Derek McCallum
Eddie Rosario
Matthew Summers

Yep, you just never know how guys transition from HS/College.

Williams was set to go to college, if I remember correctly. That has to be a tough decision to make for families.

#17 60ft6in

60ft6in

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:44 AM

I really enjoyed watching the Miracle compete yesterday vs the MLB Twins! Miracle have some hitters!! Arcia HR was a shot! Fast hands! Rams, Michael, Morales all had very good days! I was very impressed with Morales and his bat speed!! I am expecting the Miracle to have a great year!!