Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

From MinnCentric

Photo

Article: Monday Minnesota Twins Madness

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Brad Swanson

Brad Swanson

Señior Member

• Members
  • 675 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 04:05 PM

You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.co...Morning-Madness

"Let's get after it." ~ Someone on the Twins, probably.
Kevin Slowey was Framed!

#2 jokin

jokin

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 9,408 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 04:19 PM

Danny Valencia is somehow back in the Majors. He has been acting as Baltimore's DH the past few games, which keeps him the court-mandated 50 feet from third base while holding a glove. Valencia is slugging over .600 and has two home runs in just five games! He, Alexi Casilla, and J.J. Hardy make up a third of the Orioles' lineup and yet they are 27-23. Baseball is wild. I look forward to watching Chris Parmelee patrol their right field area in a couple seasons. Kidding!]

More proof of baseball wildness: Alex Burnett has been yo-yo-ing up and down between Baltimore and AAA Norfolk, while also at Norfolk, and knocking at the Oriole door, are Jason Pridie- who is a top I-League hitter and starting CF, and of course, Ol' Lou Ford, who played some key games at DH for the Birds last year and is bound to get a call-up at some point again.

#3 stringer bell

stringer bell

Shaking the rust off................my golf game

• Twins News Team
  • 5,762 posts
  • LocationZumbrota MN

Posted 27 May 2013 - 04:24 PM

One of the players on your Top Ten Brewer/Twin list should be Larry Hisle. A couple of great years with the Twins and one stellar season with the Brew Crew.

#4 stringer bell

stringer bell

• Twins News Team
  • 5,762 posts
  • LocationZumbrota MN

Posted 27 May 2013 - 04:26 PM

More proof of baseball wildness: Alex Burnett has been yo-yo-ing up and down between Baltimore and AAA Norfolk, while also at Norfolk, and knocking at the Oriole door, are Jason Pridie- who is a top I-League hitter and starting CF, and of course, Ol' Lou Ford, who played some key games at DH for the Birds last year and is bound to get a call-up at some point again.

Burnett now is with the Cubs. He's been all over the place--Toronto, Baltimore, Minnesota, and Chicago.

#5 Brad Swanson

Brad Swanson

Señior Member

• Members
  • 675 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:49 PM

Burnett might be the first player to ever play for each MLB team in one year. I can't believe Jason Pridie is still around. As for Larry Hisle, I can't pretend I ever saw him play, but I'll place him at number 11 based on your word.

#6 jokin

jokin

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 9,408 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:42 PM

Burnett now is with the Cubs. He's been all over the place--Toronto, Baltimore, Minnesota, and Chicago.

Wow, thanks for the update. I'd say there's a fighting chance that the Twins could have the chance to reclaim him before this year is over (not that they should). I wonder what the record is for "organizations played for in one season"....?

#7 stringer bell

stringer bell

• Twins News Team
  • 5,762 posts
  • LocationZumbrota MN

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:41 PM

Burnett might be the first player to ever play for each MLB team in one year. I can't believe Jason Pridie is still around. As for Larry Hisle, I can't pretend I ever saw him play, but I'll place him at number 11 based on your word.

Check Hisle's record. He was a fine player OPS+ for the Twins of 127 in 2764 PAs and one fine season with the Brewers (OPS+ of 153). At some point, he couldn't throw any more, but he could rake.

#8 Brad Swanson

Brad Swanson

Señior Member

• Members
  • 675 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:03 PM

Looks like he was a nice player. His stats remind me a bit of Shane Mack but with more power and less defense. His '77 and '78 seasons are even better than that. Unfortunately, he played his final game a few months before I was born.

"Let's get after it." ~ Someone on the Twins, probably.
Kevin Slowey was Framed!

#9 stringer bell

stringer bell

• Twins News Team
  • 5,762 posts
  • LocationZumbrota MN

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:12 PM

Wow, thanks for the update. I'd say there's a fighting chance that the Twins could have the chance to reclaim him before this year is over (not that they should). I wonder what the record is for "organizations played for in one season"....?

Caspar Wells and Burnett are neck and neck.

#10 big dog

big dog

• Members
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:15 AM

Hisle was a good defensive outfielder and a very good hitter for a few years. He had a rotator cuff problem that turned him into a DH. One of my favorite players from those hard-hitting teams. Bostock, Carew, Hisle were fun to watch.

#11 big dog

big dog

• Members
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:17 AM

It's always interesting to see these marginal players who have great first games in a new setting. Valencia, Delmon Young, now Joe Benson just in the last couple of weeks. Adrenalin works, I guess. Eventually water seems to hit its natural level, though. Delmon is at .211 with his trademark defense.

#12 birdwatcher

birdwatcher

• Members
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:51 AM

Delmon hitting under .300? #@*! Who's the lousy hitting coach? Must be Vavra.