Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

Opening Day Get Together?!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 bkucko

bkucko

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:17 AM

Does anyone know of an Opening day (Friday 4/6 @ 2pm) gathering? I will be taking a half day that day and would enjoy watching the games with fellow Twins fans! Anything set up yet? I went to the Gleeman & Geek Spring Training get together, and enjoyed that, hoping for something along those lines...

#2 spideyo

spideyo

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 03:01 PM

I'll probably be at the stadium, getting the Roof Deck ready for the home opener

#3 Twins Daily Admin

Twins Daily Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 202 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 03:30 PM

Stay tuned. Aaron and I have been talking about the same thing and are talking to bars. I should hear back soon.

#4 bkucko

bkucko

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:03 PM

I have a connection with the owners at Pepito's in South Minneapolis. They have a nice sized place in the back with a big screen projector. I could possibly work that connection if needed. I'm sure Friday at 2pm wouldn't be too hectic.

#5 Gernzy

Gernzy

• Members
  • 440 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:22 AM

Some co-workers and I were going to go to the Buffalo Wild Wings in Crystal when we got off work. If there is something else going on let me know.
I bent my wookie...

#6 Robert S

Robert S

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:44 AM

I was thinking of rounding up some friends to watch at one of the bars around target field. Hubert's maybe. Or whatever Smalley's is now called.

#7 VodkaDave

VodkaDave

Banned

• Banned
  • 97 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:48 PM

Real fans goto the actual game. Posers :cool:

#8 spideyo

spideyo

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:30 AM

But Baltimore sucks!

#9 meister

meister

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:12 AM

I'll be at Pickle's in Baltimore just after noon and then Camden Yards for the event. I don't have tickets yet for any of the games, but 'scalper Bob' always hooks me up

#10 Robert S

Robert S

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:19 AM

Is that a character from The Wire?

#11 meister

meister

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:21 AM

He's a real dude that drives a real Range Rover... he scalps for all the DC/Balt sporting events. His name happens to be Robert.

#12 VodkaDave

VodkaDave

Banned

• Banned
  • 97 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:35 PM

I'll be at Pickle's in Baltimore just after noon and then Camden Yards for the event. I don't have tickets yet for any of the games, but 'scalper Bob' always hooks me up

Best of luck man, tickets are going fast and have been increasing in price, been monitoring for the past couple weeks and finally snagged a couple today that were put up somewhat cheap ($99 each for section 17)