- Likes having veterans like Sean Burroughs, Ryan Doumit, etc., to put together good at bats.
- Luke Hughes' swing is shorter and the plane is better. He's been pretty good.
- Alexi can play SS. Carroll can play 2B. Trevor Plouffe will back up in the infield and outfield. He's been in control on the field this spring.
- Wanted to add depth to win ball games. We went with some specialty people who can swing the bat.
- Morneau - leaning toward full-time DH, but still subject to change. He doesn't have to worry about diving, etc. Will have to play some 1B, especially for National League ball games.
- Mauer is ready to go. He's caught back-to-back days. He's strong. He feels good. Not even talking about 'other stuff." That's good. Will play plenty of 1B
- Doumit - he's "game on." He's catching Liriano next. But he's worked with everyone else. Has done well, better than they were thinking he would be. He's decent in RF.
- No doubt there is much more depth. Sent down some very good players. That may be a difference from last year. It's been tough, "We sent some pretty good players down. We sent some good pitchers down."
- Article: When Should We Start Worrying About Teddy? Not This Year
Today, 05:23 PM
- Matt Kalil's brother Ryan comes to his defense
Today, 04:02 PM
- Article: Where Do We Point The Finger?
Today, 03:17 PM
- Article: Vikings Journal Mailbag: David Yankey, Drafting and the Offensive Line
Today, 12:53 PM
- Article: Fantasy Football Week 13 Rankings
Today, 12:18 PM
- Article: Fantasy Football Pants Party Podcast - Week 13
Today, 12:48 AM
- Former Viking And Love Boat Coordinator Fred Smoot Arrested
Yesterday, 01:35 PM
- MUST SEE: Vikings' Matt Kalil Knocks Hat Off Fans' Head
Yesterday, 10:35 AM
- REPORT: Phil Loadholt Done For Season With Torn Pec
Nov 24 2014 08:52 PM
- Aaron Rodgers downs a "Grape Crush" at postgame press conference...
Nov 24 2014 03:35 PM
Season Premiere of The Ron Gardenhire Show on 1500ESPN
Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:40 AM
Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:53 AM
Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:52 PM
Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:08 PM
Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:07 PM
It's really not surprising to me. Usually these shows offer such little insight, I can't change the station quick enough. I can only hear this stuff for so long before my BS meter goes off. I guess I may be in the minority, but it's the same for me whenever an athlete is interviewed on the air. It's just painful for me to listen to so many cream puff questions tossed out, only to hear a dozen cliche's or so as answers. Seriously, when was the last time Gardenire said something like "Well, Nishi can't hit and is completely lost with the Glove. He doesn't listen to instruction, but we laid out close to 15 million for him, so I'm running him out there every day anyway." --which is what he should have said last summer about the guy, but never would because he can't. My point being you rarely hear anything that isn't already known or vanilla on these shows.
I tuned in just at the end of this and what I was struck by was that I heard a bunch of commercials in a row that was PSAs. I was surprised by that. Maybe the sales team is a little behind in getting some contracts signed. I can't imagine they would have trouble getting advertisers for that show.
Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:15 PM
Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:39 AM