Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

The Store

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Photo

Article: Twins Set Rotation, Hendriks Is In

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 John Bonnes

John Bonnes

Owner

• Administrators
  • 5,014 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:08 PM

You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.co...ns-Set-Rotation

#2 Dilligaf69

Dilligaf69

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:03 PM

Makes sense.

#3 Jack Torse

Jack Torse

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:33 PM

Couldn't be more excited to see the Twins regular starting lineup when the season starts. Having mid-level rookie prospects starting the 3rd game of the season will make me want to close my eyes. Has all the makings of a season spoiler

#4 itstimetotakeit

itstimetotakeit

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:54 PM

season is lost already. thats what happens when fools run an organization

#5 nicksaviking

nicksaviking

• Members
  • 4,461 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:57 PM

Couldn't be more excited to see the Twins regular starting lineup when the season starts. Having mid-level rookie prospects starting the 3rd game of the season will make me want to close my eyes. Has all the makings of a season spoiler

I don't think he's that much of a downgrade to Marquis. It doesn't take a top 100 prospect to top Marquis' career 1.43 WHIP, 5.2 K/9 or 4.55 ERA. Marquis will probably give you more innings, but that's mostly on the organization seeing as they won't much care about the pitch count for a soft-tossinng journyman who they only have invested one season in, as opposed to playing it safe with the younger arm under team control for the next six or so years.

#6 twinswon1991

twinswon1991

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:42 PM

season is lost already. thats what happens when fools run an organization

The season was over as soon as Ryan was rehired as GM. He proved he is clueless when he gave up a first round pick for the right to overpay Capps. And then the clueless one (TR) gave a rediculus deal to Marquis when no other team would bother to give him a Minor League ST Invite. Can't wait to see how Ryan screws up the draft pick by taking another cheap Judy-type center fielder or a strike throwing nice guy pitcher.

#7 Got HeeeeeeeeM!!!

Got HeeeeeeeeM!!!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:17 AM

The season was over as soon as Ryan was rehired as GM. He proved he is clueless when he gave up a first round pick for the right to overpay Capps. And then the clueless one (TR) gave a rediculus deal to Marquis when no other team would bother to give him a Minor League ST Invite. Can't wait to see how Ryan screws up the draft pick by taking another cheap Judy-type center fielder or a strike throwing nice guy pitcher.

Wow! Strong words. I oartially agree with you about Capps but I don't see the Marquis deal as "rediculous." As far as the draft goes, if you are referring to nice guy pitchers such as Stanford beast RHP Mark Appel or Lucas Giolito then I'll take them. The Twins have the 2nd overall pick in this years draft as well as the first (32nd overall) and 11th (42nd overall) selections respectively in the supplemental first round. This is the round that is between the first and second rounds. I think the Twins will gather some damn fine pieces but especially add a top of the rotation type starting pitcher. This will hopefully be a guy that will come up with the likes of Sano, Hicks, Rosario and Gibson.

This years draft is June 4-6, 2012.