- Article: Major Protests Expected This Weekend And This Is Why...
Today, 12:44 PM
- Giovani Bernard out vs. Jaguars
Today, 12:20 PM
- Harnish done with a Lisfranc injury in his foot
Today, 09:20 AM
- This Week in the NFC North - Week 9
Today, 09:19 AM
- Griffen named NFC Defensive Player of the Month
Yesterday, 08:34 PM
- TACO NIGHT at The Cassel's!
Yesterday, 06:00 PM
- Article: Fantasy Football Week 9 Rankings
Yesterday, 04:24 PM
- Article: Fantasy Football Pants Party Podcast - Week 9
Yesterday, 02:39 PM
- Report: RGIII to get the start versus the Vikings
Yesterday, 09:32 AM
- Cassel Staying Active With Team While on IR
Oct 29 2014 11:35 AM
Article: Tempered Expectations for Parmelee
Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:38 PM
Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:56 PM
Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:09 PM
Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:52 PM
I think a career path similar to Kubel is possible. Kubel had a great season at age 27 improving each season in OPS.
I'm not sure how to compare him to Kubel, because there are really two different Kubels - before and after the knee injury. Before, he was a truly elite prospect - his .352 .414 .590 1.004 line in 549 PA between AA and AAA at age 22 are on a different level from anything Parmelee has ever done. After the injury, he missed all of his age 23 season, then struggled at age 24 before finally starting to hit some at age 25.
There was really no comparison between the two as prospects. We can't compare their age 23 seasons (Parmelee's most recent) because Kubel missed his. My guess is what Kubel became is near the upper limit for Parmelee, but I don't think they have a similar enough career arc to be useful comparisons.
Edited by gil4, 31 March 2012 - 06:54 PM.
added last half sentence
Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:47 PM