Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Photo

Article: Twins Minor League Starting Pitcher of the Month - April

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,429 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:30 AM

You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.co...the-Month-April

#2 glunn

glunn

Head Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 5,208 posts
  • LocationBeverly Hills, CA

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:49 AM

Great article Seth. I love this series. Can you tell us more about Duffey? What are his strengths and how fast are his pitches? What does he need to work on to move up?

#3 Chance

Chance

• Members
  • 535 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:44 AM

I did cover all of Duffey's pitches on his prospect page.

#4 twinsfanstl

twinsfanstl

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:17 AM

Does anyone have a breakdown of pitchers on the mend and status? Thinking Blackburn, Perez, Devries, Wimmers, Harden etc.

#5 Twins Twerp

Twins Twerp

• Members
  • 791 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:27 AM

Does anyone have a breakdown of pitchers on the mend and status? Thinking Blackburn, Perez, Devries, Wimmers, Harden etc.

Great idea. Seth could do a "Twins Minor League Rehabber of the Month." Once a month you could check in on all the guys and how they are coming along off of Tommy John's.

#6 mike wants wins

mike wants wins

Would Like to be More Positive

• Members
  • 6,020 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:34 AM

Wimmers is the only guy on that list I'm really interested in.....

Good list Seth, thanks for the hard work, as always. Really, really appreciated. The minor league part of this site is my favorite part by far.

#7 cmathewson

cmathewson

• Members
  • 2,273 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:49 AM

Baxendale reminds me of Alex Wimmers prior to the injury. If he keeps pitching like this, he could move quickly.

#8 spycake

spycake

• Members
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:00 AM

Thanks Seth for the BB-Ref links! Especially now the BB-Ref has minor league splits and game logs, it's a really great tool to follow prospects.

#9 J-Dog Dungan

J-Dog Dungan

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:01 AM

I know I was gone from this site for a while. So could someone give me some info on what we are dealing with for our new Director of Minor League Operations? I haven't heard anything about him.

#10 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,429 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:24 AM

Baxendale reminds me of Alex Wimmers prior to the injury. If he keeps pitching like this, he could move quickly.

I think that's a pretty good compliment. I think that pre-injury, Wimmers was moving pretty quickly, and even if his ceiling was solid #3 starter, there is a ton of value in that for 6 years too!

I'll see if I can't do some digging on the injuries in the system to get an update.

#11 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,429 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:27 AM

I know I was gone from this site for a while. So could someone give me some info on what we are dealing with for our new Director of Minor League Operations? I haven't heard anything about him.

I know that Brad Steil is a really good guy. He's been around the organization for over a decade. He's young (mid-30s, I believe) and very smart. He may have a few things that he'll do differently than Mr. Rantz. Obviously anyone in a front office position isn't going to agree or do things exactly the same. I am certain that he was the right choice for the job. I'm very curious how things like promotions/demotions/releases/signings/etc. will be any different, but we need more than a month of games to find that out.

#12 2wins87

2wins87

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:40 AM

Love the start from Baxendale. Seems like he could be a solid middle of the rotation guy. Great value in the 10th round.

#13 Thrylos

Thrylos

Yes

• Members
  • 4,278 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:51 PM

Blackburn and Wimmers have still to start baseball activities
Perez has been activated and assigned to Rochester for rehab
DeVries is about to start a rehab assignment with the Miracle
Deduno is about a week behind DeVries
Harden had a setback with his shoulder (described as "minor") and he is taking a few days off (day to day)
Wood is with Rochester and pitching pretty well
-----
Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
http://tenthinningst...h.blogspot.com/
twitter: @thrylos98

#14 Top Gun

Top Gun

• Members
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:32 AM

Baseball America's Jim Shonerd believes that Kyle Gibson could be an option for the Twins if he continues to string together a few more dominant starts at Triple-A Rochester.

The Twins are usually on the conservative end of promotions, but Gibson would provide an immediate upgrade to a starting rotation that currently lacks any viable starters. In six Triple-A starts, Gibson has a 4.26 ERA with a 7.7 SO/9 and 1.29 WHIP. After missing 2012 due to Tommy John surgery, Gibson is expected to be on an 130-140 innings limit this season.

Source: Baseball America