Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Photo

Article: Friday Links-N-Thinks

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Cody Christie

Cody Christie

Twins Contributor

• Twins Contributors
  • 838 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:25 AM

You can view the page at http://www.twinsdail...-Links-N-Thinks

#2 EXTC

EXTC

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:16 PM

Do you ever go to eBay and try and find cheap Twins stuff to purchase?

Yes. Often. And I'm not sure if I feel better or worse knowing that there are other like me.

#3 Thrylos

Thrylos

Yes

• Members
  • 4,286 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:22 PM

I think that it makes ZERO sense for the Twins to wear the uniform of a New York Giants affiliate... They should have worn Senator Uniforms if they wanted to do the throw back thing...

#4 luckylager

luckylager

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:40 PM

I think that it makes ZERO sense for the Twins to wear the uniform of a New York Giants affiliate... They should have worn Senator Uniforms if they wanted to do the throw back thing...

Lighten up, my friend, the Millers are an important part of Minnesota baseball history. Their success has a lot to do with the awarding of a MLB franchise to the Twin Cities. It does make sense to honor that team too.

#5 Thrylos

Thrylos

Yes

• Members
  • 4,286 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:23 PM

Lighten up, my friend, the Millers are an important part of Minnesota baseball history. Their success has a lot to do with the awarding of a MLB franchise to the Twin Cities. It does make sense to honor that team too.

Understand. My point is that the Millers are part of the Giants' baseball history not the Twins' . Imagine the Twolves having a game with throw back Lakers Uniforms or the Wild with Northstar uniforms. Different franchises regardless of the locale.
-----
Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
http://tenthinningst...h.blogspot.com/
twitter: @thrylos98

#6 John Bonnes

John Bonnes

Owner

• Administrators
  • 4,955 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:03 PM

Nobody in MN paid any attention to the Senators at any point in their existence. The only people that might care about hat history was the Griffiths. But thre are still plenty of fans that remember the Millers & Saints. The Millers even played in the Met, I think.

#7 Bark's Lounge

Bark's Lounge

Low Life with Upside

• Members
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:34 PM

This goes for any team: Vintage jerseys can be cool to sport sometimes and sometimes not depending on the look. If a team had a close proximity Negro League team from the past, it is great to respect that to the foremost. I am not too sure most fans would even get the Miller's jersey display. It's somewhat out of left field and will not resonate with the majority, but I guess it doesn't really matter. It's not like it is offensive. Seems like a waste of $ though.