Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Photo

My final Beloit Roster projections

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 jtrinaldi

jtrinaldi

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:24 PM

Since Rosters will be announced either tomorrow or saturday, these are my final projections. SP: Ryan O rourke Aj Achter Tim Shibuya Hudson Boyd (long shot IK but I think he starts here Tim Atherton 160.jpg Long relief Tomshaw .tonkin2.jpg Rp Michael Tonkin (Closer) Corey Williams Madison Boer (despite seth saying he will be a starter he Is future closer material) Corey Kimes David Hurlbut Stephen Gruver Infield 1B. Rhodes 2B. Rosario 3B.Sano SS. Bryant Utility Tyler Grimes DH. Travis Harrison Utility 2. Nick Lockwood grimes11.jpg 097.jpg OF. Ortiz OF. JD Williams Of. Roberts Reserve OF: OF.Lin Restricted List:Kennys Vargas feel free to comment

Edited by jtrinaldi, 29 March 2012 - 08:23 PM.

Follow my photography, group page can be found here.
http://www.facebook....256164664420932

#2 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,490 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:06 PM

Justin Parker and Brandon Henderson were released last fall. Extended Spring: Boyd, Atherton, Hurlbut, Kimes, Lockwood. DL: Nate Roberts Add: Koch, Jairo Rodriguez, Pettersen, Goncalves, Carter, Fuentes, Dempster, Fuentes, Nelson, Summers, Tomshaw, Wheeler Boer - I agree that he will eventually be a back of the bullpen/closer type, but they'll let him start early in his career.

#3 jtrinaldi

jtrinaldi

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:27 PM

Justin Parker and Brandon Henderson were released last fall.

Extended Spring: Boyd, Atherton, Hurlbut, Kimes, Lockwood.

DL: Nate Roberts

Add: Koch, Jairo Rodriguez, Pettersen, Goncalves, Carter, Fuentes, Dempster, Fuentes, Nelson, Summers, Tomshaw, Wheeler

Boer - I agree that he will eventually be a back of the bullpen/closer type, but they'll let him start early in his career.

Unfortunately I don't think Dempster,Fuentes will be here at all this year, it would be there third trip bothin Beloit, which I just don't see happening.
I also don't see Cole Nelson coming to Beloit either,Nelson has been in the FSL the last 2 years, If he would have came to Beloit it would have been last year after the trade.
I can see Tomshaw coming

I also think Boyd will be in Beloit to start.

#4 IowaHawkeyes

IowaHawkeyes

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:51 PM

Could B.J. Hermsen start in beloit because in spring training today he pitched for Beloit?

#5 Ultima Ratio

Ultima Ratio

Super Friend

• Members
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationAt my computer

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:17 PM

Ooops. Wrong thread
Man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains.

#6 jtrinaldi

jtrinaldi

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:19 PM

Could B.J. Hermsen start in beloit because in spring training today he pitched for Beloit?

prolly not, it was just to get him some work. Last year on the Beloit team in EX had goodrum,kepler,sano,wimmers,rosario. Which is an indication that they play guys a level up in
ST.

#7 Shane Wahl

Shane Wahl

• Members
  • 4,092 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:46 PM

Nate Roberts is not moving up to Fort Myers? That seems preposterous.

#8 60ft6in

60ft6in

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:00 AM

Catchers will be Koch and Rodriguez will be for now. Knudson and Chapman are injured and Parker had a possible concussion. Harrison, Goodrum and Kepler will stay in extended for now and most likely going to E-Town.

#9 IowaHawkeyes

IowaHawkeyes

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:27 AM

prolly not, it was just to get him some work. Last year on the Beloit team in EX had goodrum,kepler,sano,wimmers,rosario. Which is an indication that they play guys a level up in
ST.

Ok but I throught it was weird for him to be pitching for them this close to the season

#10 jtrinaldi

jtrinaldi

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:07 AM

Ok but I throught it was weird for him to be pitching for them this close to the season

IK what u mean, I got my hopes up last year that Sano and Rosario were going to be in Beloit because they were playing on the Beloit ST. Roster up until rosters announced....It was probably to get Hermsen a little extra work while trying to cram everyone else at the High A level. BJ went 13-8 with a 4.5 era, I really think that he starts in Ft Myers. Very Rarely do the Twins send guys to Beloit for the part of 3 seperate seasons (Lin will buck that trend this year)

#11 IowaHawkeyes

IowaHawkeyes

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:21 AM

IK what u mean, I got my hopes up last year that Sano and Rosario were going to be in Beloit because they were playing on the Beloit ST. Roster up until rosters announced....It was probably to get Hermsen a little extra work while trying to cram everyone else at the High A level. BJ went 13-8 with a 4.5 era, I really think that he starts in Ft Myers. Very Rarely do the Twins send guys to Beloit for the part of 3 seperate seasons (Lin will buck that trend this year)

Ok thanks we will wait and see

#12 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

Twins Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 4,686 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:55 PM

Harrison won't be in Beloit. He was drafted out of HS and will start in the rookie leagues after extended spring training.

#13 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,490 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:19 PM

Harrison won't be in Beloit. He was drafted out of HS and will start in the rookie leagues after extended spring training.

Correct... Harrison and Boyd will begin the year in EST. They may play for E-Town, but most likely start in the GCL.

#14 jtrinaldi

jtrinaldi

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:57 PM

Correct... Harrison and Boyd will begin the year in EST. They may play for E-Town, but most likely start in the GCL.

those 2 were just long shots guesses, I expect them to start in EST, i just have a small feeling that they may start in beloit.

#15 IowaHawkeyes

IowaHawkeyes

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:23 PM

When will they release the roster?

#16 jtrinaldi

jtrinaldi

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:42 PM

prolly tomorrow, if not then by Sunday....

#17 Shane Wahl

Shane Wahl

• Members
  • 4,092 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:55 PM

Seth hints at a bunch of EST peeps. I am extremely curious now. I assume that means Kepler and Goodrum, but who else?

#18 Shane Wahl

Shane Wahl

• Members
  • 4,092 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:56 PM

Seth hints at a bunch of EST peeps. I am extremely curious now. I assume that means Kepler and Goodrum, but who else?

Other than the obvious ones he mentions above--Harrison and Boyd.