Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

MinnCentric Forums

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

From MinnCentric

Photo

Miguel Sano question.

miguel sano
  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 HeyChason

HeyChason

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:46 PM

I am in a fantasy baseball keeper league and drafted Sano with one of my last picks. My team is in a slump and I need to pick up another player, but I hate to drop Sano. Anyone that is more involved in the Twins news know of a realistic time table for when he could be called up? 2014? 2015? Sorry if I sound ignorant in my post, just don't get many updates on the Twins from my side of the country.

Thanks!

#2 Larsbars08

Larsbars08

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:17 PM

He's in High A now, and will likely end up in AA by the end of the season. 2014 is the absolute minimum for a call up. A 2014 September call up is most likely. I'm pretty positive he'll be a starting the 2015 season.

#3 Shane Wahl

Shane Wahl

• Members
  • 5,438 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:35 PM

Sano will likely be a September 2013 callup and then potentially a June 2014 callup. This will change if he regresses significantly in the next few months.

#4 greengoblinrulz

greengoblinrulz

• Members
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:49 PM

Sano will get a June promotion to AA & I believe he'll get a Sept callup with a good 3 months. He will be in the hunt for the starting 3B slot next spring training. Twins have proven with many prospects that they don't take AAA seriously for hitters if they succeed in AA.

#5 clutterheart

clutterheart

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:02 AM

Sano will likely be a September 2013 callup and then potentially a June 2014 callup. This will change if he regresses significantly in the next few months.

I don't think there is anything likely about Sano on the MLB roster in '13
In fact I would call it amazingly unlikely unless his stats are just mind boggling.
If all goes, right I think he will start season at AAA in '14 and ends the year with the MLB club

#6 HeyChason

HeyChason

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:03 AM

Haven't his stats already been kind of mind boggling this year?

#7 Ncgo4

Ncgo4

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:37 AM

They have been for 19 games and 80 plate appearances. If they stay like this for 25 games and 100 to 110 plate appearances, they will have to move him! IMHO, of course. This would be very quick for the Twins, but if he does this, how can any one deny that he has made a quantum leap in his control and maturity?

#8 spycake

spycake

• Members
  • 6,381 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:41 AM

Sano doesn't have to be added to the 40 man roster until November 2014, I think. So I think late 2014 might be the earliest we see him, unless he continues mashing uninterrupted in the minors and/or there is a significant injury in the majors. They can keep him down for defensive reasons for awhile yet.

Also, Sano OPSed around 1.000 last April too before going in a slump. He's going to get a half season at high-A, at least, to see if he can avoid that slump again, not to mention defense.

#9 Ncgo4

Ncgo4

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:48 AM

Remember as you think of Sano that Buxton is only a few months younger. Sano spent the last 18 months in the instructional league and Beloit being introduced to a new culture a new language and a new position. At the same tine, Buxton was in an exceptional high school environment and great amateur programs. I won't be surprised if Buxton moves even more quickly than Sano, at least to the point that they end up together by the end of this year.

#10 Twins Twerp

Twins Twerp

• Members
  • 845 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:21 AM

Sano is probably closer to 23 than 20. This has to factor in to the Twins moving him. He will be in New Britain after his all-star game. Then see how AA goes before giving him a September call up. Heck, the Twins could still be in the hunt for a playoff spot by then. I don't think he has to be added to the 40 man roster until after next season so I think they take it slow with the guy.

#11 spycake

spycake

• Members
  • 6,381 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:26 AM

Sano is probably closer to 23 than 20.

Wasn't Sano's age thoroughly vetted? As documented in the movie "Ballplayer: Pelotero"?

His age/size combo isn't that unique among elite athletes. Did anyone suspect Delmon Young of being a few years older than his listed age?

#12 DaveW

DaveW

<3 Mark Derosa <3

• Members
  • 8,628 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:31 AM

Wasn't Sano's age thoroughly vetted? As documented in the movie "Ballplayer: Pelotero"?

His age/size combo isn't that unique among elite athletes. Did anyone suspect Delmon Young of being a few years older than his listed age?

It came up inconclusive but it doesn't really matter IMO, 20, 23 33 the kid has 50 HR power.

#13 Badsmerf

Badsmerf

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:28 AM

I don't think he sees the Twins this year. He'll end in AA and maybe start in AAA in 2014 with a chance to be promoted if Plouffe/Parmelee don't improve.
Do or do not. There is no try.

#14 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Would Like to be More Positive

• Members
  • 11,788 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:33 AM

End in AA this year, and if Plouffe is bad and Sano can play D at all, up in mid-May of 2014....that's the optimistic side.*

*well, optimistic for Sano, not Plouffe.....I do think there is a small chance he is moved to RF or 1B this year, accelerating his climb to MN.....I see Pujols, why hold that back?
Used to be mike wants wins

#15 Shane Wahl

Shane Wahl

• Members
  • 5,438 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:40 AM

Sano is probably closer to 23 than 20. This has to factor in to the Twins moving him.

What a bunch of garbage. Where do you have any ****ing evidence of this?

#16 Shane Wahl

Shane Wahl

• Members
  • 5,438 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:44 AM

I will answer for you TwinsTwerp, you DON'T have any evidence for the claim. In fact there is pretty telling evidence in the opposite direction in that he was heavily investigated and the dude keeps GROWING. But keep on spouting a lie.

Anyway, I was thinking that he had to be added to the 40-man this year. That is wrong, I believe. That definitely changes things.

#17 kab21

kab21

• Members
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:45 AM

I think there is almost no chance that Sano is up this year. Perhaps June/July 2014 and likely in 2015.

I think people are going a little overboard right now...

#18 Shane Wahl

Shane Wahl

• Members
  • 5,438 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:47 AM

I think there is almost no chance that Sano is up this year. Perhaps June/July 2014 and likely in 2015.

I think people are going a little overboard right now...

Well I was erroneously thinking that he had to be added to the 40-man in November. If that were true, it would make sense to consider a September callup. But nevermind!

#19 Thrylos

Thrylos

Yes

• Members
  • 5,911 posts
  • LocationLehigh Valley, PA, USA
  • Twitter: thrylos98

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:48 AM

Anyway, I was thinking that he had to be added to the 40-man this year. That is wrong, I believe. That definitely changes things.

Not this year for sure. Maybe not even next year.

Unless the Twins get rid of some players (Butera anyone?) off their 40-man roster (or trade others), it will be difficult to see prospects coming up this year. Harden and Perez probably take a couple spots before all is said and done...
-----
Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
http://tenthinningst...h.blogspot.com/
twitter: @thrylos98

#20 righty8383

righty8383

• Members
  • 596 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:44 AM

What a bunch of garbage. Where do you have any ****ing evidence of this?

Havn't you heard? Every player from the DR lies about thier age. Guilty until proven innocent...:rolleyes:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: miguel sano