Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

The Store

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Recent Blogs

Photo

Article: Twins Release Eight More Minor Leaguers - UPDATE 10 Releases

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:00 AM

You can view the page at http://www.twinsdail...League-Releases

#2 roger

roger

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:43 AM

Wow, Bashore is a big surprise to me also. I had heard that he made a lot of progress last year before tiring in August. The others were expected and with everyone fighting for infield jobs at Rochester, Pearce isn't a surprise. Tootle is a bit of a shame, however, another guy who never got back from his injuries. Have you heard anything this spring about Gallant? I was told he was looking good last fall and over the winter.

#3 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:50 AM

I think Pearce was hurt, but the emergence of Parmelee and the play of Bates really put him in a tough spot. I'd heard reports and Gallant and Stillings were both throwing 95 in their first spring games... pretty impressive!

#4 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:54 AM

Joe C posted that LaVelle is reporting that Jason Bulger has also been released. http://www.startribu.../144372875.html

#5 tobynotjason

tobynotjason

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:55 AM

I'm surprised by Bashore and Tootle. Pearce will catch on somewhere. He can hit.

#6 Jeremy Nygaard

Jeremy Nygaard

Twins Database Manager

• Twins Database Managers
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:03 AM

Suarez surprises me a little bit. Not so much because of his age, but because he was given a six-figure bonus and was only around for a year. Granted, that may have been all the time they needed to realize that this wasn't a great investment. (Sound familiar?)

#7 Madre Dos

Madre Dos

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:14 PM

My kids are safe for another day. It was nice to see Chris a couple of weeks ago in spring training. Sorry to see him released.