Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Photo

Article: Gleeman & the Geek Ep 34: Schmoes, Schlubs and Schmucks

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 John Bonnes

John Bonnes

Owner

• Administrators
  • 4,954 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:14 PM

You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.co...bs-and-Schmucks

#2 MWLFan

MWLFan

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:38 AM

Thanks for the Podcasts guys. It gets me through a morning of Spreadsheets and numbers crunching once a week. May I suggest a Podcast from a Snappers game this year, of course someone would need to drive Aaron. Maybe a multi part cast recorded in the car on the way down with stops at various Wisconsin watering holes. I would choose some Brew pubs, Eau Claire has one just off the Interstate, the Dells has one and Madison has a couple that stand out, but you could choose some small town pubs with a less "cosmopolitan" feel then what would find in the Big City of Eau Claire. I have a feeling the outtakes would become the thing of legend. Either way it would be fun to hear one done down here while Sano and Rosario are around.

#3 OrangeDisk

OrangeDisk

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:41 AM

I really appreciate your podcast, and I just got my husband hooked on it too. Thanks for the work that obviously goes into it.

#4 Captain Kirkus

Captain Kirkus

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:39 AM

Loved the pause to hear the beer list.

#5 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,435 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:04 AM

It is just a matter of time before John and Aaron come to blows... there will be fisticuffs!!

#6 John Bonnes

John Bonnes

Owner

• Administrators
  • 4,954 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:05 PM

I love the idea of the brew pub crawl and podcast. And Seth, you've sat in on one of these. You know it's in good fun. (Mostly.)

#7 MrHockey

MrHockey

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:59 PM

Aaron seems to really get whipped about about the idea that the Twins are making their player evaluations based only on a few innings in spring training. This seems to be an invalid assumption. I assume that the Twins have the same "history" information that Aaron has and that information also goes into their evaluation. He is arguing sample size but what other factors should go into the decison making model? For any player, attitude, work ethic, previous history, fit would all make some sense to factor into the decison as to whether a player should make the major league roster or not. I guess what I would like to hear is what Aaron's decison making model should be in spring training? What would his system be?

#8 davidjcampbell

davidjcampbell

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:33 PM

I love the podcast (gave you a great review on itunes) but you gotta find a way to realize when you aren't getting through to each other. You went so 'long' on Doyle it was ridiculous.

#9 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,435 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:17 PM

The Doyle conversation is what kicked off the Twitter war on Tuesday night.