Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Photo

2013 Ft. Myers Roster

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 tcarlic

tcarlic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:41 PM

Fort Myers Miracle Team Roster | MiLB.com Roster | The Official Site of Minor League Baseball

-Did Rosario switch back to outfield?

#2 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 9,016 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:44 PM

Fort Myers Miracle Team Roster | MiLB.com Roster | The Official Site of Minor League Baseball

I'm almost positive he's still starting at second. That has to be a typo.

#3 bobby_baseball

bobby_baseball

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:04 PM

He was listed at Beloit last year as an outfielder as well, I'm sure he'll still be the starting 2B. Anyone have any information on Levi Michael's injury. Anyone know if Salcedo is 100% healthy? I thought he had arm surgery towards the end of last season?

A couple other interesting nuggets; Angel Morales is repeating A+ ball again. DJ Baxendale will be in Fort Myers Rotation basically skipping Cedar Rapids. Pat Dean & Alex Myers must both be pitching in New Britain.
Tweet me @bobby_baseball

#4 Bob Sacamento

Bob Sacamento

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:38 PM

Salcedo pitched yesterday a couple of innings, the velocity was a little behind where he should be and his pitches were NOT crisp. The other guys were hitting it hard off him. Personally, I only saw Rosario in the infield yesterday. Meyers was charting the AAA vs. AA yesterday and said he was pitching for New Britain when I talked to the freakish giant. Levi said his legs weren't where they should be.

#5 Jim Crikket

Jim Crikket

• Members
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:59 PM

I don't put much stock in the positions listed on those website rosters. For example, the Kernels roster on their website shows Tyler Grimes as a SS, but he's going to be catching regularly this year. In fact, the roster distributed to media outlets have him listed as a catcher. I just don't know who is responsible for putting out the rosters on MiLB web sites.
[COLOR=#0000cd]I opine about the Twins and Kernels regularly at[/COLOR][COLOR=#800000] Knuckleballsblog.com[/COLOR][COLOR=#0000cd] while my alter ego, SD Buhr covers the Kernels for [/COLOR][COLOR=#0000cd][COLOR=#800000]MetroSportsReport.com[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=#0000cd].[/COLOR] [COLOR=#0000cd]
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#b22222]~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~[/COLOR]

#6 Vervehound

Vervehound

• Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:18 PM

Salcedo pitched yesterday a couple of innings, the velocity was a little behind where he should be and his pitches were NOT crisp. The other guys were hitting it hard off him. Personally, I only saw Rosario in the infield yesterday. Meyers was charting the AAA vs. AA yesterday and said he was pitching for New Britain when I talked to the freakish giant. Levi said his legs weren't where they should be.

b.a.'s write up in the prospect handbook on salcedo was interesting - apparently he had a velocity jump last spring and was hitting 96 but, and i'm sure they're speculating, his body hadn't caught up and he went down for the year.

#7 Bob Sacamento

Bob Sacamento

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:36 PM

b.a.'s write up in the prospect handbook on salcedo was interesting - apparently he had a velocity jump last spring and was hitting 96 but, and i'm sure they're speculating, his body hadn't caught up and he went down for the year.

Yeah I read it to him yesterday when I got him to sign it, don't think he understood too much of it. In fact I got everyone in the Top 30 to sign my BA prospect book except for Arcia (who left camp already) and Hicks (who made the big league club). Only one who said anything about their ranking was 3B Harrison, he said he didn't agree with their assessment.

#8 Thrylos

Thrylos

Yes

• Members
  • 4,429 posts
  • LocationLehigh Valley, PA, USA
  • Twitter: thrylos98

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:42 PM

Fun Stuff :

Mike Gonzales is listed at 6'6", 264 lbs while
Kennys Vargas is listed at 6'5", 215!!! lbs.

Here are these guys a week ago :)

Posted Image
-----
Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
http://tenthinningst...h.blogspot.com/
twitter: @thrylos98

#9 Jim Crikket

Jim Crikket

• Members
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:12 PM

Those two guys, Gonzales and Vargas, hit the two longest home runs I've ever personally witnessed in Cedar Rapids. A couple years apart, obviously, but they both launched moonshots here while playing for Beloit. Gonzales hit one down the RF line that went out about even with the top of the foul pole when it cleared the fence. Vargas hit one that cleared the scoreboard and may have hit the old Korean War vintage jet fighter that sits well beyond the RCF wall. Those fellas can make a pitcher pay for his mistakes, that's for sure.
[COLOR=#0000cd]I opine about the Twins and Kernels regularly at[/COLOR][COLOR=#800000] Knuckleballsblog.com[/COLOR][COLOR=#0000cd] while my alter ego, SD Buhr covers the Kernels for [/COLOR][COLOR=#0000cd][COLOR=#800000]MetroSportsReport.com[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=#0000cd].[/COLOR] [COLOR=#0000cd]
[/COLOR]

#10 Thrylos

Thrylos

Yes

• Members
  • 4,429 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:31 PM

Those two guys, Gonzales and Vargas, hit the two longest home runs I've ever personally witnessed in Cedar Rapids. A couple years apart, obviously, but they both launched moonshots here while playing for Beloit. Gonzales hit one down the RF line that went out about even with the top of the foul pole when it cleared the fence. Vargas hit one that cleared the scoreboard and may have hit the old Korean War vintage jet fighter that sits well beyond the RCF wall. Those fellas can make a pitcher pay for his mistakes, that's for sure.

Indeed and Gonzales is on top shape from what I saw last week. Add Sano to the mix and you might break the HR record for a Miracle squad.
-----

#11 Jim Crikket

Jim Crikket

• Members
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:10 PM

Might be worth the price of admission in Ft. Myers just to watch those guys take BP.
[/COLOR]

#12 Thrylos

Thrylos

Yes

• Members
  • 4,429 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:15 PM

Might be worth the price of admission in Ft. Myers just to watch those guys take BP.

Especially with that new OF deck... (oops I am fast forwarding a season ;) )
-----

#13 Shane Wahl

Shane Wahl

• Members
  • 4,131 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:11 PM

Morales really needs to just be bumped up a level in my view.

Anyway:

Morales CF
Rosario 2B
Sano 3B
Vargas DH
Gonzales 1B
Ray RF
Koch C
Goncalves LF
Pettersen SS

Is a pretty sweet lineup.

#14 Chance

Chance

• Members
  • 535 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:05 PM

I don't think Rosario is in ft Myers to long.

#15 Oxtung

Oxtung

I don't skinny dip. I chunky dunk.

• Members
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:22 AM

Interesting questions to me here. Is Salcedo healthy? Is Baxendale getting a look at starter? If so who isn't starting between Salcedo, Wheeler, Summers, Baxendale, Boer, Stuifbergen? Assuming Rosario gets the primary reps at 2B does Levi Michaels slide over to SS? How do the reps get split between him and Pettersen? Always fun to see how things work out.

#16 Badsmerf

Badsmerf

• Members
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:15 AM

Michaels was a SS in college so that is where I would guess he plays. I wouldn't rule out a nice season by him. I'm sure they will all have a shot to start at some point.
Do or do not. There is no try.

#17 Twin killing

Twin killing

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:49 AM

It has been announced that Baxendale will be in the Ft Myers rotation along with Stuffenbergen, Boer, Summers and Wheeler

#18 Twin killing

Twin killing

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:57 AM

Glad to see the Twins thought enough of Baxendale to essentially have him skip Cedar Rapids
i saw his start where he struck out 8 of 9 hitters, including Buxton, Polonco, Harrison, Goodrum and Walker
his stuff was electric, sat 90-93 with a filthy breaking ball and plus change up
fastball has + arm-side sink and run

#19 Shane Wahl

Shane Wahl

• Members
  • 4,131 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:03 AM

It has been announced that Baxendale will be in the Ft Myers rotation along with Stuffenbergen, Boer, Summers and Wheeler

Salcedo is giong to start eventually. Stuifbergen will move up to New Britain soonish.

#20 Rosterman

Rosterman

• Members
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:01 AM

I've updated the minor league rosters at Minnesota Twins Baseball Cards, Autographs, Publications, Memorabilia, Players, Stats, History, Collectibles. Check it out!
Joel Thingvall
www.thingvall.com
rosterman at www.twinscards.com

#21 Halsey Hall

Halsey Hall

• Members
  • 836 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:26 PM

I've liked what I've seen this spring out of Pettersen. He's fielded well and has good at bats. Hits alot of line drives.

#22 Thrylos

Thrylos

Yes

• Members
  • 4,429 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:31 PM

Glad to see the Twins thought enough of Baxendale to essentially have him skip Cedar Rapids
i saw his start where he struck out 8 of 9 hitters, including Buxton, Polonco, Harrison, Goodrum and Walker
his stuff was electric, sat 90-93 with a filthy breaking ball and plus change up

Where were you hanging? That was a great game and probably watched by more people than a GCL game over there :)
-----

#23 spycake

spycake

• Members
  • 2,166 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:12 AM

So, Kvasnicka is primarily an OF again? With Rosario at 2B, I only see 4 OF on this roster.

#24 Bob Sacamento

Bob Sacamento

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:08 PM

Where were you hanging? That was a great game and probably watched by more people than a GCL game over there :)

Sounds like it was a minor league spring training game of High A vs Low A. Which there was probably as many people there are there are for a usual GCL game.