Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Photo

Article: Ryan Pressly excited to be with the Twins on Opening Day

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,445 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:20 PM

You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.co...-on-Opening-Day

#2 YourHouseIsMyHouse

YourHouseIsMyHouse

• Members
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:34 PM

I'm backing him 100% and I hope he does fantastic. Let's give him time and hope his stuff gives batters fits.

#3 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,445 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:47 PM

Yeah, no reason not to at least hope for him to develop well... Having spent so little time at AA, it'll most certainly be a challenge, but they need to keep him around and not lose him. The potential is there!

#4 jorgenswest

jorgenswest

• Members
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:58 PM

Thanks Seth.

The Twins will have some decisions to make when Diamond, Swarzak, Wood and Deduno are healthy.

My hope is they keep the pitchers with the upside. Wood and Roenicke have little. They should have taken Wood off the 40 instead of the 25 year old Burnett. I hope they don't choose Wood or Roenicke over Pressly. While any reliever can have a good ERA in a given season like Roenicke last year, I don't think either is part of the solution.

#5 IdahoPilgrim

IdahoPilgrim

• Members
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:29 AM

Thanks Seth.

The Twins will have some decisions to make when Diamond, Swarzak, Wood and Deduno are healthy.

My hope is they keep the pitchers with the upside. Wood and Roenicke have little. They should have taken Wood off the 40 instead of the 25 year old Burnett. I hope they don't choose Wood or Roenicke over Pressly. While any reliever can have a good ERA in a given season like Roenicke last year, I don't think either is part of the solution.

The big thing Pressly has going for him is that they can't send him down without losing him. As a Rule V draft pick, if he doesn't stay on the 25-man roster all season, he goes back to the Boston organization.

#6 stringer bell

stringer bell

Confirmed Hacker

• Twins News Team
  • 3,908 posts
  • LocationZumbrota MN

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:17 PM

Best wishes to Pressly. If the Twins can get a good bullpen arm out of the Rule 5 draft, that is truly worthwhile, especially with the acquisition of Diamond a couple years earlier. I saw the only appearance in ST where Pressly yielded a run and IIRC there were a couple of SBs in that inning. I hope teams don't "run wild" on him.

#7 DAM DC Twins Fans

DAM DC Twins Fans

• Members
  • 487 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:36 PM

Great article Seth. I also hope the keep the kid around all year and give him a good shot. Best to go with young talent and see how much it will help when the Twins are a contender--hopefully 2014.

#8 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,445 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:35 AM

I think in a rebuilding year, keeping the Rule 5 guys makes a ton of sense. Hopefully he can contribute a little bit rather than just needing to hide him at the back of the bullpen. The kid has talent.