Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

The Store

Photo

The Western Australian: Baseball Loses its Lure for Hughes

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 East Coast Twin

East Coast Twin

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:56 PM

Luke Hughes is considering trying Australian Rule Football again after not receiving any baseball offers this offseason.

Baseball loses its lure for Hughes - The West Australian

#2 YourHouseIsMyHouse

YourHouseIsMyHouse

• Members
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:37 PM

If he wasn't a bad fielder, I'm sure teams would be interested. His career OPS at AAA is .776 which is pretty good for a 2B. He never got much of a chance in the majors. I wouldn't have been opposed to bringing him back on the cheap even though he's not much of a prospect at 28.

#3 cmathewson

cmathewson

• Members
  • 2,273 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:49 PM

I feel bad for the guy. He could have been a star in football if he hadn't been lured into baseball. Oh well. On another topic, the Twins have only four healthy starters entering the 2013 season, and at least three are not all that good. So I'll stop worrying about Luke Hughes and wonder who might be pitching for the Twins on May 1.
"If you'da been thinkin' you wouldn't 'a thought that.."

#4 biggentleben

biggentleben

• Members
  • 969 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:56 PM

I feel bad for the guy. He could have been a star in football if he hadn't been lured into baseball. Oh well. On another topic, the Twins have only four healthy starters entering the 2013 season, and at least three are not all that good. So I'll stop worrying about Luke Hughes and wonder who might be pitching for the Twins on May 1.

Yikes, this is the "more baseball" area. No need to be current-team focused around these parts, heck, no need to be Twins-focused around these parts. Certainly no reason to come down on someone for remembering a former member of the organization and his life happenings since leaving.
Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!