Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

Up and In

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 30whales

30whales

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:45 PM

Hey guys just wondering if any of you listened to the podcast Up and In? I started listening to it last summer and fell in love with it. I am really disappointed that they are no longer doing it and I think I may have to start over from the first episode. Just wondering how anybody else felt about it if they have listened to it. Also any other podcasts worth listening to? I have listened to Gleeman and the Geek and that is pretty good but just looking for some others that cover all of baseball, or even one dedicated more to prospects like Up and In.

#2 Brad Swanson

Brad Swanson

Señior Member

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:03 PM

Jason Parks is starting a new podcast next week with Mike Ferrin, called Fringe Average, it should be pretty good.

I also like Marginal Prospects, which Kiley McDaniel just started. It is more prospect focused.

I listen to The Baseball Show with Rany and Joe and Effectively Wild as well. Both are enjoyable, but Joe Sheehan can be a bit overbearing at times. Effectively Wild is my favorite, as I'm a big Sam Miller fan.

Baseball America does a podcast which usually discusses prospects as well. Some of their guys are a bit hard to listen to, but overall it is good.

"Let's get after it." ~ Someone on the Twins, probably.
Kevin Slowey was Framed!

#3 biggentleben

biggentleben

• Members
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:35 PM

I listen to a ton of podcasts while I work out, and some of my favorite baseball ones are the new Baseball Tonight podcast with Buster Olney, Effectively Wild and Towers of Power from Baseball Prospectus, and Baseball America's podcast. I also listen to the ESPN fantasy podcasts as well. My podcast list is in the 20s overall, though most are sports.
Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!

#4 Brad Swanson

Brad Swanson

Señior Member

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:50 PM

Keith Law just started a podcast as well. Behind the Dish. It's good.

Kevin Slowey was Framed!

#5 biggentleben

biggentleben

• Members
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:57 PM

Keith Law just started a podcast as well. Behind the Dish. It's good.

I heard a piece of the first one. Law is incredibly intelligent, and I love that about him, but something about his voice is just nails on a chalkboard for me, so that much of his voice is a bad thing in my view.
Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!

#6 Brad Swanson

Brad Swanson

Señior Member

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:10 PM

I heard a piece of the first one. Law is incredibly intelligent, and I love that about him, but something about his voice is just nails on a chalkboard for me, so that much of his voice is a bad thing in my view.

Try listening on double speed or half speed, it might take the voice issue away. Also might be hilarious.

Kevin Slowey was Framed!