Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

Article: The Twins introduce new menu items to Target Field lineup

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Parker Hageman

Parker Hageman

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:25 PM

You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.co...et-Field-lineup

#2 Physics Guy

Physics Guy

• Members
  • 647 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:36 PM

Barreiro apparently isn't too fond of the Twins offseason accomplishments. He basically said the Twins announce their new food offerings to get everybody excited and to forget about their lack of action during the offseason.

#3 mike wants wins

mike wants wins

Would Like to be More Positive

• Members
  • 6,268 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:38 PM

Barreiro apparently isn't too fond of the Twins offseason accomplishments. He basically said the Twins announce their new food offerings to get everybody excited and to forget about their lack of action during the offseason.

i agree...the food and beer changes are way better than the player changes.
Lighten up Francis....

#4 Physics Guy

Physics Guy

• Members
  • 647 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:43 PM

At least they didn't try Duensing at SP. I seem to remember Barreiro vowing to ban Twins talk for a month if Duensing was in the rotation.

#5 Thrylos

Thrylos

Yes

• Members
  • 4,343 posts
  • LocationLehigh Valley, PA, USA
  • Twitter: thrylos98

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:46 PM

I'd love to see price tags associated with those items ;)
-----
Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
http://tenthinningst...h.blogspot.com/
twitter: @thrylos98

#6 ashburyjohn

ashburyjohn

Twins Daily Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 5,115 posts
  • LocationLake Tahoe, Nevada

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:28 PM

I need to know Reusse's take on this, before forming my own opinion.

#7 John Bonnes

John Bonnes

Owner

• Administrators
  • 4,969 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:15 AM

One thing I just realized is missing - poutine. How tough can it be to make a decent poutine?

#8 Parker Hageman

Parker Hageman

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:35 AM

[COLOR=#3E3E3E]One thing I just realized is missing - poutine. How tough can it be to make a decent poutine?[/COLOR]

Because JOHN, no one in America likes POUTINE that garbage in their mouths.

On a serious note, I was disappointed that the Twins chose to make Papa John their only pizza supplier in the stadium. With so many good local option -- such as Pizza Luce just outside the stadium -- it would have been nice to have one or more of those 'zas available.

#9 mike wants wins

mike wants wins

• Members
  • 6,268 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:40 AM

Papa John's is exclusive? Um, um, I agree with Parker on that decision.
Lighten up Francis....

#10 70charger

70charger

• Members
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:14 AM

Good poutine would be amazing. Especially in the cold month of April.

Also, I'm not really a pizza eater anymore, but Papa John's is pretty bad. I agree with the idea of providing some of the good local options, like they did with the beer. The only issue that I can see is the method of cooking. The best pizza in a roughly 194,000,000 square mile radius of Minneapolis (Punch, duh) would require a wood-burning oven, and that's not going into Target Field. Far easier to truck in a bunch of frozen plastic discs and microwave them. Gross. But easy.

#11 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 5,184 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:16 PM

Good thing I don't eat pizza at baseball games! They still have the best stuff (Tony O's and Krama.....whatever the name of the guys with meat in their kraut on their awesome brats)

#12 70charger

70charger

• Members
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:24 PM

Kramarzcjczcjuiukczcjuczk's.

Duh.

#13 ashburyjohn

ashburyjohn

Twins Daily Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 5,115 posts
  • LocationLake Tahoe, Nevada

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:33 PM

Oh crap. Now someone has to trick him into saying his name backwards so he'll go back to his own universe.

#14 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 5,184 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:08 PM

Duh.

That's probably closer than what my effort would have been.

#15 Don't Feed the Greed Guy

Don't Feed the Greed Guy

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:15 PM

So, does anyone have a top-five list for Target Center food? I would put Kramarczuk's at the top of my limited personal list, along with Fulton's "Sweet Child..." brew. The Murray's Steak Sandwich was underwhelming. Other favorites?

#16 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 5,184 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:21 PM

So, does anyone have a top-five list for Target Center food? I would put Kramarczuk's at the top of my limited personal list, along with Fulton's "Sweet Child..." brew. The Murray's Steak Sandwich was underwhelming. Other favorites?

Gotta try Tony O's Cuban. The state fair Turkey Leg was pretty good too.

#17 Physics Guy

Physics Guy

• Members
  • 647 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:36 PM

I good with anything Kramarczuk's. I was surprised they brought in Sheboygan to compete. I'm not sure I can get myself to try the new guys.

#18 mike wants wins

mike wants wins

• Members
  • 6,268 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:17 PM

Choosing papa johns....is that about the customer?
Lighten up Francis....

#19 PeanutsFromHeaven

PeanutsFromHeaven

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:04 AM

Suddenly the prospect of a 30 degree opening day doesn't bother me as much...I mean, as long as there are multiple forms of mac & cheese, and various combinations of meat & bread how bad could it be?

(Though now that I'm thinking of Poutine I may need a mini protest of sorts...we could use it to pay the Canadian players!)

#20 Physics Guy

Physics Guy

• Members
  • 647 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:55 PM

So, not knowing what poutine was, I had to Google it. Yuck! I hope I am not offending our Canadian friends.

#21 Thrylos

Thrylos

Yes

• Members
  • 4,343 posts
  • LocationLehigh Valley, PA, USA
  • Twitter: thrylos98

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:02 PM

Poutine is not much different that the many versions of "loaded fries" (aka crap on fries) you will encounter in many ballparks. Hammond stadium has an ultra noxious variety introduced this Spring: Carolina fries. It involves shredded pig and bbq sauce and nacho "cheese" among other things.
-----
Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
http://tenthinningst...h.blogspot.com/
twitter: @thrylos98

#22 twinsnorth49

twinsnorth49

Moderately Moderate

• Twins Mods
  • 3,788 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:39 PM

I'm offended, you people just dont know how to make it and for some bizarre reason still insist on putting ketchup on it, that's yuck!:D

LOVE the Kramarchuks stand, Tony O's cuban is a huge winner, would love to see a decent Jucy Lucy offering. As far as the 'za goes, I agree the Papa John's call is pretty poor, I'd be on board with Luce or Punch but would love to be able to grab some Lola at a game.

Oh well, the beer will make up for a lot this year.

#23 MoonDog

MoonDog

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:04 PM

I agree with you totally so I'm hoping to get some suggestions for the 10-15 games I'll be at this year. Kramarczuk's is my go to food but I'm looking for more. I liked the Cuban and was also not blown away by the steak sandwich.

Can't wait for tomorrow!
"I've never been unhappy in a ballpark."

#24 Nick Nelson

Nick Nelson

Owner

• Administrators
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:25 PM

I hope the buffalo chicken Panino at Target Field comes close to matching the original you get at Panino Bros. That is a bomb sandwich.

#25 CDog

CDog

• Members
  • 856 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:53 AM

I agree with you totally so I'm hoping to get some suggestions for the 10-15 games I'll be at this year.

Two items that are decent and only mildly overpriced (making them a great bargain in the world of ballpark items) are the Walk-a-Taco (I forget the location) and the Asian stir fry stand (down near the left-field foul pole). Neither is really "ballparky," but otherwise...

For more of a snack, I've found the gelato stands pretty good.

#26 jay

jay

• Members
  • 921 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:23 PM

I'm looking forward to the cajun mac 'n cheese.

I'll add to the calls for bowls of some delicious, gravy-filled, cheese-soaked poutine. Small, fresh cheese curds please.

#27 Sarah

Sarah

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:04 PM

Kramarczuk's brats are my favorite and the gelato is really good too. The nachos in the Town Ball Tavern were really good but they gave me terrible heartburn (and I don't normally get heartburn). I may try Andrew Zimmern's goat/lamb burger, I have to admit it does sound intriguing...

#28 Oxtung

Oxtung

I don't skinny dip. I chunky dunk.

• Members
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:56 PM

I had all 3 mac and cheeses when I went earlier this week. I would not recommend them at all. I was extremely disappointed. The cajun was the best of the bunch and the buffallo chicken was the worst by far.

FYI there was nothing spicy about any of the 3 either. They may sound like they'd have a bit of a bite but there was nothing....nada.