Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Photo

Who Do I Start - Fantasy Baseball

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Tcrose3636

Tcrose3636

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:04 PM

Hey Guys,

I don't really do this alot but I am going back and forth on 3 pitchers and I can start 2 of them for week 1. Our pitcher scoring is 1pt per Out, 1pt per K, -1 pt per hit, walks, and earned runs, 3 pts for QS, 7 pts per W, -5 pts per L.

Cliff Lee - 1 Start versus ATL (Medlen)
AJ Burnett - 2 Starts versus CHC (Smardja) and LAD (Kershaw)
Jarrod Parker - 2 Starts verus SEA (Iwakuma) and HOU (Norris)

I would normally start Lee, but I am leaning toward Burnett and Parker because of the 2 start factor and the Lee is going up against a good offense and a good pitcher.

#2 Mr. Brooks

Mr. Brooks

• Members
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:20 PM

Yeah, with that format (1 point per out!), you start the guy with 2 starts, anytime everytime.
Based on your scoring, unless a guy puts up a WHIP of 3.00 or higher, he's going to earn you more points with 2 starts, then the guy making 1 start realistically can.
I would start Parker, he has the easier starts of the 2.

#3 Tcrose3636

Tcrose3636

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:38 PM

Yeah, right now I have Burnett and Parker in the starting lineup along with Strasburg, Gallardo, and Lester and I have Lee on the bench. Lee was my first round pick and it is tough to put him on the bench. The only bad thing is if either of the two starters lose both and Lee gets a win and QS, but 2 start pitchers are plus...if they are decent starters.

Thanks for your input.

Edited by Tcrose3636, 28 March 2013 - 12:40 PM.

#4 biggentleben

biggentleben

• Members
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:21 PM

Also factor in that the Braves have had some solid success vs. Lee, and your decision is very easy.
Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!

#5 Physics Guy

Physics Guy

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:38 PM

Lee vs good offense vs. Parker against two weak offenses. I'd pick Parker also.

#6 Mark_RM

Mark_RM

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:52 PM

I think you have to go with the 2 start guys...the percentages are just better dude. My main league that I've been in for a few years is a similar format. My thought is, if a guy isn't good enough to automatically be active when he has 2 starts, he doesn't belong on your roster.

Edited by Mark_RM, 28 March 2013 - 05:15 PM.

#7 Tcrose3636

Tcrose3636

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:19 AM

Thanks guys, I guess I just needed the reassurance to sit Lee who I drafted 7th overall versus guys I picked up mid-way through. I think Burnett and Parker have the weaker match ups and need to roll with them.