- Article: Vikings vs. Dolphins Game Thread
Today, 03:03 PM
- Please welcome our new moderator: Melanie (Funkytown)
Today, 02:38 PM
- Purple Pain Members - Start Here!
Today, 01:38 PM
- Article: Vikings vs. Dolphins Preview: No Vacation in Miami
Today, 12:06 PM
- Greenway to play after passing of his father...
Today, 11:57 AM
- Article: Preparing For An Off-Season Of Change
Today, 07:29 AM
- Time to cut Blair Walsh
Yesterday, 08:12 PM
- Simmons: The Vikings Cursed Cleveland
Yesterday, 07:39 PM
- Article: How Does Teddy Compare? - Version 3.0
Yesterday, 08:23 AM
- Barr Out for the Remainder of the Season with Knee Surgery
Dec 19 2014 09:03 PM
John Bonnes, Please Explain (Chipper)
Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:37 AM
Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:09 AM
Chipper will make the HOF, but on the first try? Not many people have made it first try in the last few years.
Top 5 in WAR at 3B, 3rd most home runs by a switch hitter, almost 3k hits, MVP - votes in MVP race 12 times. And whether it should matter or not, he went to the playoffs like 14 times while playing for 1 team.
Tony Gwynn, Cal Ripken, Rickey Henderson have all been 1st ballot recently, and IMO Chipper is easily in that class.
Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:39 AM
Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:45 AM
Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:01 AM
Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:45 AM
Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:46 PM
Yes, Chipper Jones is a hall of famer. There really aren't that many great third basemen in the Hall of Fame. Which is actually an interesting discussion itself- do you think position should matter when it comes to the Hall of Fame?
Yes - Middle infielders and Catchers should have other criteria than corner players
Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:56 PM