Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

WBC - USA v Dominican

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 PseudoSABR

PseudoSABR

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 1,969 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:58 PM

I'm actually hyped to watch this game. The whole Mexico-Canada fiasco energized my interest in the WBC.

I guess David Wright is out with a sore back.

#2 Riverbrian

Riverbrian

Goofy Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 9,580 posts
  • LocationGrand Forks

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:48 PM

I cleared my schedule to watch... Extra watchful eye on Deduno.

#3 Riverbrian

Riverbrian

Goofy Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 9,580 posts
  • LocationGrand Forks

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:32 PM

Same ol Deduno... Damn fine stuff... Spotty control. That back door breaking pitch is working well for him.

It's hard not to think this guy could end being a real value for the Twins. I'll say this... He's fun to watch throw.

#4 notoriousgod71

notoriousgod71

• Members
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:43 PM

Deduno is amazing. Gardy will need to put a stop to his emotion if he wants to make this team, however.

#5 jokin

jokin

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 7,136 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:20 PM

Deduno is amazing. Gardy will need to put a stop to his emotion if he wants to make this team, however.

Not to worry, Captain Buzzkill and First Mate Andy will tweak down his morose-o-meter and soon have him battlin like a lean, mean Mauer machine.

#6 CDog

CDog

• Members
  • 856 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:33 AM

I never have and likely never will understand the allure of perpetuating untrue myths.

On topic, can anyone who watched the game give a brief report on any plate appearances where Deduno pitched to Mauer? I was more curious about those than I would have expected.

#7 CDog

CDog

• Members
  • 856 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:34 AM

Not to worry, Captain Buzzkill and First Mate Andy will tweak down his morose-o-meter and soon have him battlin like a lean, mean Mauer machine.

Just for completeness...

I never have and likely never will understand the allure of perpetuating untrue myths.