- Article: Vikings Journal Mailbag: David Yankey, Drafting and the Offensive Line
Today, 10:30 AM
- Article: When Should We Start Worrying About Teddy? Not This Year
Today, 10:27 AM
- Article: Where Do We Point The Finger?
Today, 09:45 AM
- Article: Fantasy Football Pants Party Podcast - Week 13
Today, 12:48 AM
- Former Viking And Love Boat Coordinator Fred Smoot Arrested
Yesterday, 01:35 PM
- MUST SEE: Vikings' Matt Kalil Knocks Hat Off Fans' Head
Yesterday, 10:35 AM
- REPORT: Phil Loadholt Done For Season With Torn Pec
Nov 24 2014 08:52 PM
- Aaron Rodgers downs a "Grape Crush" at postgame press conference...
Nov 24 2014 03:35 PM
- Vikings legal team working with NFL to keep AP on sidelines
Nov 24 2014 03:03 PM
- AWESOME --> "The Bits Of Broken Chair Trophy"
Nov 24 2014 03:02 PM
Article: Is it time to worry about Morneau yet?
Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:07 PM
Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:27 PM
Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:42 AM
Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:27 AM
Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:47 AM
Parker would know for sure, but isn't that a change in approach from his pull-happy, out-of-whack swing from 2011?
No video of his spring ABs are available in order to properly dissect his swing. It will something that I will be looking at more closely at the beginning of the regular season.
Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:52 AM
Its spring training, average means NOTHING.
Agree, for the most part but the real focus of Morneau's spring is the lack of extra base hits -- the power isn't there. It could be timing, as he says, which may dissipate as he accrues more ABs or it could be something effecting him like his wrist, shoulder, concussion, etc which, to me, is more of a concern.
If he is hitting the ball as sharply as the reports say, it's definitely a positive and trumps his ability to accumulate spring hits. At the same time, the reports from a year ago were strikingly similar -- his timing was close, he was having some loud outs, etc.
Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:01 AM
Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:34 AM
Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:02 PM
Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:38 PM
Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:29 PM
Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:16 PM
Guess you feel a little silly about posting this blog now.
I do not. The point of this post was to address the issue that was raised by fans/commenters/media members who were concerned over Morneau's spring numbers and performance. What I said was (1) it's a small sample size in the spring and (2) those that have been watching him this spring have been noting he had been hitting the ball better the past few games. Without having seen his performance first-hand, I did add that the reports were very similar to what was said in the final two weeks of spring training last year -- which were saying similar things about "hitting the ball hard" and needing to regain his timing. Hopefully, these past two days are an indication of things to come.
Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:09 PM
Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:32 PM