Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Article: Twins Daily Welcomes Summit Brewing

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 Thrylos

Thrylos

They Finally fired ’em. Play Ball!

• Members
  • 8,399 posts
  • LocationLehigh Valley, PA, USA
  • Twitter: thrylos98

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:46 PM

Good stuff.
I miss Summit, just wish they were bit further reaching ;)
-----
Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
http://tenthinningst...h.blogspot.com/
twitter: @thrylos98

#22 SAM D

SAM D

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:57 PM

Thanks Summit. Your EPA was the reason I developed a love for beer with flavor. Also, thanks for sponsoring a great site like this, and being part of a great community.

Drink locally!

Ditto! I can still remember my first Summit EPA like it was yesterday, only it was 1999, which makes me feel really old.

#23 luke829

luke829

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • LocationGrand Marais

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:58 PM

I had the pleasure of sampling their wares about a year ago while attending a cousin's wedding at the "Happy Gnome" in Saint Paul. Had the EPA - good stuff. Had the Oatmeal Stout:

http://t0.gstatic.co...GSrffWWCt5Sk7eQ

Too bad it's only available in draught
Mastermind of the "Free Bert" sign.

#24 fairweather

fairweather

Banned

• Banned
  • 253 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:17 PM

Awesome!

#25 fairweather

fairweather

Banned

• Banned
  • 253 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:19 PM

"Beer the cause of and the answer to all of life's problems!"--Homer Simpson

#26 summitbeer

summitbeer

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:19 AM

Chip here from Summit Brewing Company. Want to thank everyone for the kind words and amazing support on this thread. It makes it very easy to be proud to be a part of the Twin Cities community and Twins Daily. Cheers!

#27 cmathewson

cmathewson

• Members
  • 2,273 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:10 AM

Great call. I've been a fan of the beer since they had a brewery on University and I'd go there for tours. I am something of a beer common sewer, having sampled the local product across the country. I can say Summit has the best line-up of offerings east of the Rockies. The only weakness is the IPA, which does not have enough Cascade hops for my taste. But they now have Saga, a hoppier IPA. Between that, the EPA and the Oatmeal Stout, I have no need to drink anything else.

#28 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:13 AM

I am something of a beer common sewer

I'm going to chalk this up to auto-correct hilarity.... Brilliant.

#29 biggentleben

biggentleben

• Members
  • 3,411 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:22 AM

I wish I could get Summit here. I had some in my fridge often when I lived in the cities.

Editor at PuckettsPond.com and Contributor at CallToThePen.com, come check them out!

#30 Parker Hageman

Parker Hageman

Owner

• Administrators
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:22 AM

I, for one, am looking forward to the Mai Bock. My personal indicator that spring is here.

#31 summitbeer

summitbeer

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:24 AM

The only weakness is the IPA, which does not have enough Cascade hops for my taste. But they now have Saga, a hoppier IPA. Between that, the EPA and the Oatmeal Stout, I have no need to drink anything else.

Glad you like the portfolio at large. Our IPA is a British-style IPA which is meant to come across more earthy and "noble" than in-your-face hoppy American counterparts. IPA intentionally has no Cascade (or any American) hops in there at all, rather the more famous European varieties of Northern Brewer, East Kent Golding and Target. This highlights the earthy, somewhat grassy hops character over the massive hop-bomb American IPAs like Saga IPA, which we LOVE as well!

#32 Badsmerf

Badsmerf

• Members
  • 2,594 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:35 AM

Glad you like the portfolio at large. Our IPA is a British-style IPA which is meant to come across more earthy and "noble" than in-your-face hoppy American counterparts. IPA intentionally has no Cascade (or any American) hops in there at all, rather the more famous European varieties of Northern Brewer, East Kent Golding and Target. This highlights the earthy, somewhat grassy hops character over the massive hop-bomb American IPAs like Saga IPA, which we LOVE as well!

Funny, IPA is my favorite Summit beer. I need to take a tour sometime. Glad to have you.
Do or do not. There is no try.

#33 Parker Hageman

Parker Hageman

Owner

• Administrators
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:45 AM

I smell a Twins Daily Day at the Summit Taproom brewing...

"You spend a good piece of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time." -- Jim Bouton, "Ball Four"

#34 cmathewson

cmathewson

• Members
  • 2,273 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:57 AM

The IPA was my beer for 15 years. I rejoiced when it moved from a seasonal selection to a regular offering. But then I started sampling other IPAs, like Bell's Two Hearted or the the Flying Dog Snake Dog and Raging Bitch, and I stopped buying blue label in favor of the more "in-your-face" hop bombs. That's why I'm so pleased with Saga, which is all the hops I need, but smoother and more enjoyable than other hop bombs.

#35 luckylager

luckylager

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:10 PM

Hooray for Summit! An appropriate partner for Twins Daily. I am a big-time consumer of Minnesota brewed adult beverages. I will buy a six pack of Saga tonight to celebrate the union.

#36 DaveW

DaveW

Aaron Hicks update (5/17): .326 BA .464 OBP .616 SLG 1.080 OPS

• Members
  • 12,479 posts
  • LocationNYC aka Aaron Hicks Ville

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:42 PM

Uh oh, I know one poster who won't be pleased with this news :)

#37 mikeee

mikeee

• Members
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:40 PM

Wow, that is awesome!!