Edited by WJ, 22 March 2012 - 08:45 PM.
- Notable NFL News (Cuts, signings, injuries, etc.)
Today, 01:36 PM
- Zimmer's Freaky-Fast Friday Presser
Today, 10:58 AM
- This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Chicago Bears
Today, 02:26 AM
- Please welcome our new moderator: Melanie (Funkytown)
Yesterday, 07:51 PM
- This Week in the NFC North - Week 17
Yesterday, 10:43 AM
- Should Teddy win the ROY award?
Yesterday, 10:00 AM
- Will He/Won't He?? - Jerry Kill's future...
Yesterday, 09:43 AM
- Article: We Wish You a Purple Christmas
Yesterday, 09:11 AM
- Vikings Free Agency News
Yesterday, 09:03 AM
- Special Teams fire and cut them all.
Dec 25 2014 07:42 PM
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Has the 3-point shot ruined college basketball?
3 replies to this topic
Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:53 AM
Yes. It encourages players to take lower percentage shots, it's dull, and the line isn't far enough out to warrant the extra point.
An open 3 can be a higher percentage shot than a contested 15 footer. Especially when you factor in Points/attempt.
But yes, the line should be where the NBA 3 point line is. There's almost no point to attempting a 2 that isn't a lay up or dunk. The other thing I'd change is the 35 second shot clock because it encourages 15 seconds of aimless perimeter dribbling before getting serious about running a play.