Edited by WJ, 22 March 2012 - 08:45 PM.
Vikings Journal Forums
- Article: Can Matt Asiata Really Bear the Backup Burden?
Today, 11:44 AM
- Governor Dayton Calls for Vikings to suspend Adrian Peterson
Today, 11:29 AM
- Radisson Hotels Suspends Relationship with the Vikings
Today, 11:22 AM
- What's the Deal with Matt Kalil?
Today, 10:28 AM
- An Open Letter to Zygi and Rick
Today, 10:27 AM
- WATCH: Keith Olbermann Takes On Adrian Peterson
Today, 10:26 AM
Has the 3-point shot ruined college basketball?
3 replies to this topic
Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:53 AM
Yes. It encourages players to take lower percentage shots, it's dull, and the line isn't far enough out to warrant the extra point.
An open 3 can be a higher percentage shot than a contested 15 footer. Especially when you factor in Points/attempt.
But yes, the line should be where the NBA 3 point line is. There's almost no point to attempting a 2 that isn't a lay up or dunk. The other thing I'd change is the 35 second shot clock because it encourages 15 seconds of aimless perimeter dribbling before getting serious about running a play.