Edited by WJ, 22 March 2012 - 08:45 PM.
- This Week in the NFC North - Week 16
Today, 05:17 PM
- Time to cut Blair Walsh
Today, 02:40 PM
- NFLPA files lawsuit against the NFL on behalf of Peterson
Today, 12:30 PM
- Article: What to do With Matt Kalil
Today, 09:59 AM
- Im glad I finally registered
Yesterday, 06:38 PM
- Hoge is really down on Johnny Football--really down
Yesterday, 08:45 AM
- Article: Missed Opportunities Catch Up With Vikings in Detroit
Dec 15 2014 09:53 AM
- Article: Vikings vs. Lions Game Thread
Dec 15 2014 07:56 AM
- Article: Lions Pick and Kick Their Way to a Win Over the Vikings
Dec 14 2014 09:23 PM
- Juan Castro > Blair Walsh
Dec 14 2014 06:04 PM
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Has the 3-point shot ruined college basketball?
3 replies to this topic
Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:53 AM
Yes. It encourages players to take lower percentage shots, it's dull, and the line isn't far enough out to warrant the extra point.
An open 3 can be a higher percentage shot than a contested 15 footer. Especially when you factor in Points/attempt.
But yes, the line should be where the NBA 3 point line is. There's almost no point to attempting a 2 that isn't a lay up or dunk. The other thing I'd change is the 35 second shot clock because it encourages 15 seconds of aimless perimeter dribbling before getting serious about running a play.