Edited by WJ, 22 March 2012 - 08:45 PM.
Vikings Journal Forums
- KHOU: Report of 2nd Peterson "Disciplining"
Today, 07:00 PM--
- What should the Vikings do with Adrian Peterson?
Today, 06:58 PM--
- Article: Statement From Adrian Peterson
Today, 06:52 PM--
- Mike Priefer reinstated
Today, 05:59 PM--
- Adrian Peterson to play this Sunday vs. Saints
Today, 05:54 PM--
- What's the Deal with Matt Kalil?
Today, 05:48 PM--
Has the 3-point shot ruined college basketball?
3 replies to this topic
Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:53 AM
Yes. It encourages players to take lower percentage shots, it's dull, and the line isn't far enough out to warrant the extra point.
An open 3 can be a higher percentage shot than a contested 15 footer. Especially when you factor in Points/attempt.
But yes, the line should be where the NBA 3 point line is. There's almost no point to attempting a 2 that isn't a lay up or dunk. The other thing I'd change is the 35 second shot clock because it encourages 15 seconds of aimless perimeter dribbling before getting serious about running a play.