Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

Baseball America: Twins farm system ranks 20th in baseball

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Parker Hageman

Parker Hageman

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:15 AM

According to Baseball America's rankings, the Twins come in at number 20 on their list of best farm systems.

Texas's farm system paced the field but the Royals (2) were not far behind. Kansas City was the only AL Central team to finish ahead of the Twins, so in terms of direct competition, Minnesota might be positioned well for the future. Detroit's (23) system ranked slightly lower but pulling up the rear of the entire list are the division rival Indians (29) and White Sox (30).

Your thoughts?

#2 Mike Frasier Law

Mike Frasier Law

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:49 AM

I wonder how much it will change after this year's draft and after Gibson shows he is recovered from surgery.

#3 maxisagod

maxisagod

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • LocationThe Moon

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:15 AM

I wonder how much it will change after this year's draft and after Gibson shows he is recovered from surgery.

A lot. Also if Hicks shows improvement and Rosario has a another strong year the twins will fly up the list. BA wasn't very high on either player.

#4 Fanatic Jack

Fanatic Jack

• Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:27 AM

Well it looks like Baseball America delivered another blow to the future of the Twins organization...Not a shocker but depressing...

#5 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,493 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:35 AM

A lot. Also if Hicks shows improvement and Rosario has a another strong year the twins will fly up the list. BA wasn't very high on either player.

Correct, and yet by this time next year, I would suspect that Benson, Hendriks, Parmelee and Dozier will no longer be prospects. But you're right, 5 top 75 picks, the return of Gibson, the ohpefully full return of Wimmers, a good year from Hicks... obviously not everyone will move up a list, but I'm encouraged.

#6 Thrylos

Thrylos

Yes

• Members
  • 4,309 posts
  • LocationLehigh Valley, PA, USA
  • Twitter: thrylos98

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:02 AM

The other thing that will be in play for next seasons' rankings (other the aforementioned) are potential trades that can bring back high rated prospects... Too early to look at the 2013 system before like February of 2013.
-----
Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
http://tenthinningst...h.blogspot.com/
twitter: @thrylos98