Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Photo

Amazing HS game winner

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Shane Wahl

Shane Wahl

• Members
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:27 AM

Just wanted to share this from work tonight at my second job. Very glad that someone got video of this as it ended up being the top play on Sportscenter

http://www.jconline....gansport-VIDEO-

#2 kab21

kab21

• Members
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:36 AM

that would be nuts. That is also a long way to chuck a basketball. Most people need to throw a ball like a baseball from there.

#3 luke829

luke829

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:01 PM

Liked the reaction that the kid got. Really good to see that sports, at some level, are still being played for the love of the game and not money.
Mastermind of the "Free Bert" sign.

#4 mikecgrimes

mikecgrimes

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:59 AM

that would be nuts. That is also a long way to chuck a basketball. Most people need to throw a ball like a baseball from there.

Doesn't take to much practice to be fairly accurate shooting the ball correctly from that range. If the goal is to hit the backboard and miss then a baseball throw works, if the goal is to make the shot shoot the ball like it's a basketball.

#5 kab21

kab21

• Members
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:25 AM

Doesn't take to much practice to be fairly accurate shooting the ball correctly from that range. If the goal is to hit the backboard and miss then a baseball throw works, if the goal is to make the shot shoot the ball like it's a basketball.

I was a pretty good athlete but I don't remember having the strength to shoot a basketball 80+ feet.