Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Looks like Waddell is on the 40 man

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Dman

Dman

• 2,217 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 10:47 AM

Per MLB trade rumors Brandon Waddell is replacing Brent Rooker and Colina is headed to the 60 disabled list.Congrats to Waddell.

• Squirrel, DocBauer, tarheeltwinsfan and 1 other like this

#2 Doctor Gast

Doctor Gast

St Paul Saints

• 1,035 posts
  • LocationBelo Horizonte, Brazil

Posted 07 April 2021 - 11:15 AM

I saw that, hope he continues his success.
  • Squirrel, Dman and tarheeltwinsfan like this

#3 nicksaviking

nicksaviking

Billy G.O.A.T

• 16,356 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 02:24 PM

If there's one thing this organization is good at, it seems to be turning nobody relievers into very useful bullpen pieces. I'm not sure if that guy will be Waddell, but I'd guess the odds are that one of their three waiver claimed relievers ends up being pretty good this year.

• Aichiman likes this

#4 Dman

Dman

• 2,217 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 04:25 PM

Yeah I thought Waddell was the least likely of the waiver claims to crack the 40 man.I had Gibaut with his elite spin rates ahead of him and Hamilton and his good slider and ability to throw strikes ahead of him.Have to give Wes some credit here as Waddell's numbers didn't really jump off the page until he tweaked whatever he tweaked.Here's hoping he becomes an elite reliever for the Twins.

• Squirrel, DocBauer and bighat like this

#5 tarheeltwinsfan

tarheeltwinsfan

• 1,612 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 06:00 PM

Next bring up Derek Law.

• h2oface and jun like this

#6 stringer bell

stringer bell

In the Twilight of a Mediocre Career

• 10,270 posts
  • LocationElgin, MN

Posted 08 April 2021 - 06:38 AM

I certainly liked what I saw from Waddell in Spring Training. I thought that he was not on the taxi squad when the Twins went to Milwaukee. Was he added when Donaldson went on the IL and Rooker moved from the taxi squad to the 26-man roster?

As far as adding Law, the Twins would have to make some other move to make space on the 40-man roster. 

• Dman and tarheeltwinsfan like this

#7 Doctor Gast

Doctor Gast

St Paul Saints

• 1,035 posts
  • LocationBelo Horizonte, Brazil

Posted 08 April 2021 - 10:47 AM

What's the deal with Lewis Thorpe? He looked sharp during ST and he was scheduled to start a ST game. He was pulled and never heard of again. I thought he should have been put on the active roster from the beginning, that mop up game would have been ideal for him to get some MLB innings in.
  • Dman likes this

#8 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

A Little Teapot

• Owner
  • 24,491 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 11:55 AM

What's the deal with Lewis Thorpe? He looked sharp during ST and he was scheduled to start a ST game. He was pulled and never heard of again. I thought he should have been put on the active roster from the beginning, that mop up game would have been ideal for him to get some MLB innings in.

Last I heard he was headed to the alternate site.

It appears the front office is still pretty bullish on him being a starter and don’t want to disrupt his prep by flipping him to the pen.
  • flpmagikat, Dman and Doctor Gast like this