Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Ex Twins in 2021: Where Are They Now?

baddoo major league firsts
  • Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 Vanimal46

Vanimal46

Offseason Hawt Taek Enthusiast

• 14,058 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 05 April 2021 - 02:01 PM

Not gonna lie. My dumba** thought John Curtiss had disappeared.

He kind of was M.I.A. until he got picked up by MIA!
  • gil4 likes this

#22 shortround81

shortround81

Ft Myers Mighty Mussels

• 68 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 03:02 PM

He kind of was M.I.A. until he got picked up by MIA!

Baseball Illuminati

• ashbury and gil4 like this

"I'd walk through hell in a gasoline suit to play baseball." -Pete Rose

#23 puckstopper1

puckstopper1

• 638 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 06:25 AM

Jon Thomas Chargois was in camp with the Mariners but was sent to their alternate site.

He is not on their 40-man roster.

• big dog and bighat like this

That Twins 2nd baseman - #29 - he doesn't run, he "ca-rew-zes" - Earl Weaver

#24 puckstopper1

puckstopper1

• 638 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 06:46 AM

The immortal Ryan LaMarre signed a minor league deal with the Yankees.

It does not look like he saw any Big League game action with them in Spring Training.

Juan Graterol signed a minor league deal with the Angels who traded him last week to the Blue Jays.

San Francisco Giants signed free agent RHP Zack Littell to a minor league contract and invited him to spring training although it does not look like he saw any Big League game action with them in Spring Training.

Chicago Cubs signed free agent RHP Kohl Stewart (I had such high hopes for him when he was drafted) and optioned him to Iowa.

• big dog, Vanimal46 and bighat like this

That Twins 2nd baseman - #29 - he doesn't run, he "ca-rew-zes" - Earl Weaver

#25 Vanimal46

Vanimal46

• 14,058 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 06 April 2021 - 07:10 AM

I lost track of Littell for a second and could have sworn he was heading overseas to play. Besides Romero, wasn’t there another recent Twins pitcher who signed overseas?

#26 Danchat

Danchat

Pro Bowl Armchair QB

• 6,085 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 08:56 AM

I lost track of Littell for a second and could have sworn he was heading overseas to play. Besides Romero, wasn’t there another recent Twins pitcher who signed overseas?

Littell signed a minor league with the Giants, but he didn't make the team. I think he's going to start in AAA for them.

• bighat likes this

#27 big dog

big dog

• 3,221 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 10:16 AM

Jon Thomas Chargois was in camp with the Mariners but was sent to their alternate site.

He is not on their 40-man roster.

Boy, he looked like a real loss for the Twins when he started with LA. I hope he can get an ML job but I guess we haven't really missed out.

#28 Longdistancetwins

Longdistancetwins

• 249 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 06 April 2021 - 06:01 PM

Kind of you folks not to mention how Trevor May blew a save for the Mets in his debut yesterday...

• ashbury, kwazie71 and MVP Nick Punto like this

#29 Rosterman

Rosterman

• 3,718 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 09:39 PM

Here's what I came up with for opening day/weekend.

Baseball is back to a full-season schedule and lots of former Minnesota Twins are on other major league rosters. 

Pitchers: Kyle Gibson (Rangers), Martin Perez (Red Sox), David Hale and Brandon Kintzler (Phillies), Rich Hill and Oliver Drake (Rays), Lance Lynn and Liam Hendriks (White Sox), Aaron Slegers (Angels), Ryan Pressly (Astros), Trevor May (Mets), Sergio Romo (A's), Tommy Milone )Blue Jays_Brusdar Graterol (Dodgers), Matt Wisler (Giants), Tyler Kinney (Rockies), Tyler Clippard (Diamondbacks), and John Curtiss (Marlins).

Jake Odorizzi will be called up shortly since he signed late with Astros.

Former catchers: Alex Avila (Nationals), Jason Castro (Astros), Wilson Ramos (Tigers), and Kurt Suzuki (Angels).

Lots of infielders: C.J. Cron (Rockies), Ronald Torreyes (Phillies), Ehire Adrianza (Braves), Eduardo Escobar (Diamondbacks), Marwin Gonzalez (Red Sox), and Jonathan Schoop and Niko Goodrum (Tigers).

Only three in the outfield: Aaron Hicks (Yankees), Robbie Grossman (Tigers), and Eddie Rosario (Indians). (Remember when all those former Twins centerfielders were on other teams: Span, Gomez, Revere, Hicks?).

Derek Shelton is managing the Pittsburgh Pirates.

• h2oface and bighat like this

Joel Thingvall
www.joelthingvall.com

#30 Rosterman

Rosterman

• 3,718 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 09:49 PM

Others on 40-man or extended rosters are Tyler Wells (Orioles), DANNY SANTANA (Red Sox), Luis Gil (Yankees), Nick Anderson and Chris Mazza (Rays), NICK TURLEY (White Sox), Akil Baddoo (Tigers), Brooks Raley (Astros), BLAKE PARKER (Indians), Luke Bard (Angels), Kyle Cody and John Hicks and DREW BUTERA (Rangers), Huscar Ynoa (Braves), Sam Clay and RYNE HARPER (Nationals), KOHL STEWART and IAN MILLER (Cubs), SEAN POPPEN (Pirates), Jaylin Davis and ZACK LITTELL and LAMONTE WADE (Giants), Wynston Sawyer (Padres), Luke Raley (Dodgers), Dereck Rodriguez (Rockies).

(former prospects lower case, EX-TWINS CAPS).

• h2oface likes this

Joel Thingvall
www.joelthingvall.com

#31 big dog

big dog

• 3,221 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 05:13 AM

Drew Butera?? He's what, 45 years old now?:)

Man, defensive catchers and left-handed relievers sure have longevity in this career. I wonder if Brian Dunsing's agent is still getting calls.

• Squirrel, gil4 and bighat like this

#32 theBOMisthebomb

theBOMisthebomb

St Paul Saints

• 1,012 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 04:08 PM

After this series with Detroit, it seems the answer is all ex-Twins play for the Detroit Tigers aka Former Twins East.
  • Brandon likes this

#33 jkcarew

jkcarew

St Paul Saints

• 2,009 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 06:20 PM

Graterol set to come off the 10-day IL shortly...he was behind schedule this spring due to a COVID bout this winter, apparently. The Dodgers have missed him...not at all.

• bighat likes this

#34 big dog

big dog

• 3,221 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 09:57 AM

Former minor-leaguer Huascar Ynoa had a nice start for the Braves yesterday- 5 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 5 K. Pretty rough 2020 for him, maybe he will have a better 2021.

• Vanimal46 and jkcarew like this

#35 stringer bell

stringer bell

In the Twilight of a Mediocre Career

• 10,228 posts
  • LocationElgin, MN

Posted 08 April 2021 - 10:09 AM

Trevor Hildenberger promoted to the Mets today. 

• Brandon, bighat and jkcarew like this

#36 Rosterman

Rosterman

• 3,718 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 10:36 AM

Anthony Swarzak is back up with the Diamondbacks. Juan Graterol signed with the Blue Jays system. And the Cubs signed Andrew Romaine to a contract to play in their system.

• bighat likes this

Joel Thingvall
www.joelthingvall.com

#37 Vanimal46

Vanimal46

• 14,058 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 08 April 2021 - 02:41 PM

Trevor Hildenberger promoted to the Mets today.

With that funky delivery of his I wouldn’t be surprised if he kept popping up every year on an MLB roster.
  • bighat likes this

#38 scottyc35

scottyc35

• 11 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 07:30 PM

i see Trevor Hildenberger got called up by the Mets today

#39 old nurse

old nurse

• 4,143 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 08:05 PM

Others on 40-man or extended rosters are Tyler Wells (Orioles), DANNY SANTANA (Red Sox), Luis Gil (Yankees), Nick Anderson and Chris Mazza (Rays), NICK TURLEY (White Sox), Akil Baddoo (Tigers), Brooks Raley (Astros), BLAKE PARKER (Indians), Luke Bard (Angels), Kyle Cody and John Hicks and DREW BUTERA (Rangers), Huscar Ynoa (Braves), Sam Clay and RYNE HARPER (Nationals), KOHL STEWART and IAN MILLER (Cubs), SEAN POPPEN (Pirates), Jaylin Davis and ZACK LITTELL and LAMONTE WADE (Giants), Wynston Sawyer (Padres), Luke Raley (Dodgers), Dereck Rodriguez (Rockies).

(former prospects lower case, EX-TWINS CAPS).

Such fond memories people have of Kyle Cody’s time with the Twins

#40 stringer bell

stringer bell

In the Twilight of a Mediocre Career

• 10,228 posts
  • LocationElgin, MN

Posted 08 April 2021 - 08:34 PM

Ryne Harper is with the Nats at least until they get some more players off the COVID list.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: baddoo, major league firsts