Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Tickets on sale now

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

A Little Teapot

• Owner
  • 24,422 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 05:31 PM

Honest question: what are the Twins doing so wrong? Are season ticket holders not being offered tickets? What’s happening?

#22 wsnydes

wsnydes

Abnormal, the new normal.

• 4,193 posts
  • LocationApple Valley

Posted 08 April 2021 - 05:31 AM

Honest question: what are the Twins doing so wrong? Are season ticket holders not being offered tickets? What’s happening?

Yes, we are. We get first crack before the next batch of tickets get released to the public. The system may not be perfect, but I don't see that it's inherently unfair. One exception might be the full season ticket holders. It doesn't sound like they got the Home Opener and they probably should have. I think the team is kind of in a tough spot with them considering the health safety measures being taken. I imagine that there are a lot more partial season ticket plans that need to be accounted for and are a bit easier to accommodate. Beyond that, overall I think they're doing the best they can in a very fluid and tricky situation.

"Sometimes you win. Sometimes you lose. Sometimes it rains."

#23 lecroy24fan

lecroy24fan

• 336 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 01:18 PM

They should not have put any tickets for the opener on sale to the general public unless all STH were taken care of. The My Pro Venue system MLB uses is also hot garbage. I was in at 10 AM both for the presale to STH and public and not once were any tickets available when I selected an option, even though when I'd select a different section the previous tickets I tried to get were still showing in the list. . I know several other people had the same thing happen. there has to be a better system then MPV. Ticketmaster works better, and I thought that was impossible to be true.

• Brock Beauchamp likes this

#24 jctwins

jctwins

• 445 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 07:11 PM

They should not have put any tickets for the opener on sale to the general public unless all STH were taken care of. The My Pro Venue system MLB uses is also hot garbage. I was in at 10 AM both for the presale to STH and public and not once were any tickets available when I selected an option, even though when I'd select a different section the previous tickets I tried to get were still showing in the list. . I know several other people had the same thing happen. there has to be a better system then MPV. Ticketmaster works better, and I thought that was impossible to be true.

This is spot on. 

I've been a full STH since 2008, yet I was thrown into the browser battle with all of the 20 game people at 10 a.m. on a Thursday or whatever it was. I was able to be in the system at that time, but I still lost the fight against my web browser.

It's absolutely ridiculous that I've paid the Twins over $9,300/yr for over ten years and I still have to play games like this. They don't make much distinction between levels of STH, and that is just flat out bad business.

They should have given us at least a day or two of right of first refusal on an offering, and then turned whatever was left over to the rest of the STH and general public.

• ashbury and lecroy24fan like this